Day 2: Business Transformation

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 1, 2020

The theme of the second day of Remote Summit is "Business Transformation" 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.23.16 PM.png

Give us your thoughts, reviews, plans, ideas, Tweet-worthy takeaways, and moments of inspiration here.  How will you use what you've learned to Transform your Business?

10 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

I have been working on project management for the past 14 years. In the process, I started using Jira and Confluence as the company's R & D process management tools. Of course my role is more of a system administrator than an end user.

Since last year, I gradually switched to corporate culture promotion and training. This allowed me to better understand the advantages of Confluence in collaborative work from the role of the user. We put more training materials, text, and pictures in Confluence to share with the company user.

The number of monthly active users is close to 30,000, and the monthly PV is 1.7 million. This data is exciting!

Like # people like this
Assia Touati April 2, 2020

Congrats ! 

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Great job Ollie!

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Wow the Day 2 Keynote made me realize how much there is for me to learn about Atlassian and the cloud, it is going to be an exciting year of learning for me (and transformation)!

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Same here - as my company is not really into cloud (makes the IT boss getting a heart attack) after the keynote it‘s impossible to ignore the possibilities 😱

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Day 2, was great, they stopped talking about cloud for a few minutes. Data Center part was the best part for me. Looking forward to the ability to add dates to future sprints (something my users have been asking for). 

Like # people like this
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

For those of us on prem looking to go to Data Center this was some good stuffs!!

A ton of features around Performance/Scale and Response/Compliance.  Being able to not have to deploy to a cluster initially (updated license in your server instance) is awesome. Integrated CI/CD support for Bitbucket FTW!!!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2020

Very strange hearing the head of server and data center talking about cloud. Makes it seem like we are making a bad investment by choosing atlassian for our on-prem needs :/

Kinda scary as a certified admin TBH, but I did love hearing that there is at least some thought and effort going into DataCenter.

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2020

Making Data Center working on a single node is a first step to remove standard Server offering and probably perpetual licensing.. It is only a matter of time when you would have to choose Cloud or Data Center.. And of course mostly people would choose Cloud since they would not want to manage servers, deal with maintenence.. Would be great to at least have an ability to deploy Cloud version on prem (on own private Clouds) but seems that it would not gonna happen soon.. 

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2020

I sure hope not. Server fills a need for businesses that are not Microsoft size, but also not startup size. As a medium size business it is cheaper for us to manage our own servers and not pay per user per month. We would probably abandon the product if we were forced into a licensed user model. I have never seen a convincing argument that going cloud for everything is cheaper.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2020

@Davin Studer- To be honest it is getting harder to find a product that would not be licensed per user / per month(year).. Office, Adobe... etc. .. and Atlassian is following this path even that this mean hiring more people to provide customer support...  not sure if there is any good Jira alternative, but this is the current reality. We both are old experienced admins that used Jira and saw prices 10-15 years ago.. You were able to buy Jira (unlimited) for 2k .. Now it is 200k! Until you use old pricing (renewed) that is cheaper for you but when the precise would rise up I think you would have to make a decision where to go...

Like Davin Studer likes this
johndpatton April 2, 2020

Did a little searching and found a few cool pages about Remote Summit 2020 - was there any page of pages so to speak?

This was a good one:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/What-s-New-in-Jira-Service-Desk-Server-amp-Data-Center-Remote/ba-p/1338620

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

I think one of the coolest things I'm looking forward to diving into is Atlassian Forge.  I was accepted into the beta earlier this week so I've already got my weekend activity.  I have some ideas for our own company that will really help streamline some processes if I can do what I'm hoping to be able to do in Forge.

I also think we might need to start looking at Cloud premium not because of our size (we are a small company) but Advanced Roadmaps, Project Archiving, and Automation for Jira look like some really awesome features that might be worth investigating.

Cloud Enterprise looks really cool, but we are a long way away from needing it, but it looks really awesome!

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

My favorite quote from Summit Day #2 was from Sasan Goodarzi, CEO of Intuit. 

He says "Don't listen to what customers say, observe what they do.  Most customers don't actually do what they say."  Quite an interesting point.  Thanks Sasan!

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2020

I really like the new plan view for Portfolio. I've been patiently (ok, maybe not so patiently) waiting for this feature to be released. This makes using Portfolio so much easier to show to the non-technical folks in our organization.

I also like being able to plan sprints ahead of time.

Like Nidhi Gupta likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2020

It would have been nice to have more on data center and server.  I know that there is a focus on cloud products but it would be great to have a better balance on products.  It was great to see the direction that Atlassian is taking their cloud products in and it is exciting to see all of the improvements.  Hopefully some of those improvements will make their way to server and data center.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events