@Karen_Mustain is a superstar Atlassian User Group leader. She's led her Kansas AUG since 2013, so it's no wonder that she's also an absolute Summit legend. In this post, you'll learn about the things Karen finds most valuable about the Summit experience that keep her coming back.
1. What was your best experience at Summit?
My favorite part of Summit was having the opportunity to connect with the Marketplace App vendors.
2. How did you apply your Summit learnings to your work life?
I was able to come back and review some of our business use cases to different apps I learned about at Summit. I was able then to implement trial versions of the apps and develop proof of concepts to persuade my company to utilize the tools that the Atlassian Marketplace has to offer.
Karen holding the awards that her Kansas City AUG racked up in 2016!
3. Did you attend any ancillary sessions such as AUG Day, Industry User Groups, TAM Day, or Partner Day? If so, how did these sessions enhance your Summit experience?
I was able to attend partner day. It was an amazing chance to reinforce personal connections. We established a bi-weekly call with one of the Partners to help address our issues and contribute to their roadmap.
4. Did you attend any training courses or take any certification exams? If so, how did they enhance your Summit experience?
My very first Summit I attended the Confluence Admin training. Wow, that was back in 2011.
Karen and her AUG co-leader, Jessica, drinking a Confluence themed drink
5. What are your top 3 reasons to attend Summit?
6. What about the Summit experience makes it so special for you?
As an AUG Leader, the appreciation we get from Atlassian for running AUGs makes the event very special. The AUG dinner and awards make us feel like an ‘Atlassian’ even though we are not technically employees. As an Atlassian user, the ability to talk to the Atlassian Product owners and Atlassian Partners also is a unique opportunity.
Karen's Charlie themed nailed for Summit 2016
7. For a Summit rookie, what is the one piece of advice you would give them?
Try to be open to meeting new folks and having conversations. If you come with co-workers or peers, break away and meet new users. This is the best way to get ideas and new insight. Oh, and bring an extra suitcase for the SWAG!
8. For a Summit rookie, what is the one experience they can't miss out on to make the most of their first Summit?
If you are interested in any add-ons, make sure to connect with that vendor at Summit. Making that connection in person is by far the best thing you can do.
Join us 3-5 Summit Europe and save 300 on your Summit Europe pass. Discount ends 31 May and space is limited.
Hello, Atlassian Government Community ! If you’d like to discover the latest on telework, DevSecOps, project and service management, join us for Government Symposium 2021. The global event wil...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events