Speak at the conference for teams, by teams—Atlassian Summit 2020

29423c0e-e418-4147-aba7-2d123549ea0d.jpeg

Hello, Atlassian Community members!

Summit Call for Speakers is officially open and we’re excited to see the brilliant talk ideas this Community has to offer. We know you are passionate about Atlassian products, and we want to hear your thoughts about innovation, collaboration, and much more. No matter whether you’re an industry leader or an admin with a passion for storytelling, we want to hear it all. 

Here are just a few ideas to get you going:

• Share your tips and hacks for streamlining your workday, workplace, or work life

• Describe how your organization navigates transformation (digital or otherwise)

• Confide the unique or new ways you use Atlassian tools

• Tell the folks who care most about your way of working agile

Whether your a first-timer or a seasoned speaker, we want you to join us for Summit 2020, March 31 - April 2nd, to build the future of work. Read up on our tracks and submit your talk today! But don’t just trust our word, take a peek at what some fellow Community members have said about speaking at Summit:

@Mark Lang 

“Speaking at the Atlassian Summit was an incredible experience. It was a lot of hard work but very rewarding to be involved in such an awesome and well done event.

Advice – Keep the topic simple as the time goes fast and try to leave the audience with something they could take home and use themselves to make their job easier or more productive.”

@Tanya L Christensen 

“No matter what your idea is, pitch it! I didn't think my talk would be selected but the didn't stop me from giving it a go. Once selected, yay!, the team from Atlassian was very helpful. They provided training and coaching opportunities and I took them up on all offers! I had a great time at Summit and my talk was well received. Don't worry about speaking in front of a large group. The audience is made up of people just like you, passionate users of Atlassian products.”

@Lindsay Czopur 

“Speaking at Summit was extremely rewarding! We were able to genuinely connect with other users in meaningful ways, offering insight into the impact Atlassian has had on our work. Being able to give back to the Atlassian community by hosting a session was a truly amazing experience.”

Cheers, Community members! Hope to see you there, potentially on stage! 

13 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Public speaking scares me, but something possessed me to submit a proposal for the 2020 Summit.

giphy

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2019

I'll summit a proposal later today

Started new training today. I'm away from home, I miss my wife, and I'm scared. Thanks for helping me keep it together imgur

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2019

@Bridget - can I email you questions or are you on the committee that needs to see the proposals "blind"?

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon @Kat Warner I cannot overstate how awesome it is to hear you both be super vulnerable and talk about a very real fear (public speaking), but then completely flip it on its head and apply to be a speaker at Summit. The example you set is an important one.

giphy

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 8, 2019

@Kat Warner shoot me an email :)! 

Like # people like this
Kyndal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon  & @Kat Warner 

Yay for submitting! You're not alone - most people experience anxiety or nervousness when speaking in public. For anyone considering pitching a talk, the good news is if your talk is accepted, we’ll host webinars, speaker trainings, and provide Track Lead support to help you feel more comfortable and confident delivering your presentation. We're to support you. :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon / @Kat Warner 
Don't mean to freak you out further, but if you're speaking I'll be leading the masses in
uber-chearleading-ultra-fan-boy-screaming...... !!!!!!!! 👏🥳💥😝🌟👏

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2019

@Kyndal :

I need some guidance please... myself and some peers are looking to submit the following talks, but a bit lost as to which tracks to submit them under.
Would you please be so kind to advise which talk belongs to which track?

TALK: Using Trello for uber-software-development. How 3 vendors delivered IKEA Place App collaborating in Trello. #Trello4Life
("Collaboration" I guess... ? but I can fit it under others also)

TALK: Cloud Migration: From Server to Cloud in only 1 month. The ups & downs of migration by an augmented reality company. #HeadInTheClouds
("Modern Development..."?)

TALK: Atlassian Community: How Atlassian's own users will be the MOST important factor in the company's future and how those users make the most out of Support, Online Community and Community Events! #FunManAndy
(No idea on this one...)

Like # people like this
Kyndal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant - I would suggest the following: 

TALK: Using Trello for uber-software-development. How 3 vendors delivered IKEA Place App collaborating in Trello. #Trello4Life 

Yes, I would suggest Collaborate

TALK: Cloud Migration: From Server to Cloud in only 1 month. The ups & downs of migration by an augmented reality company. #HeadInTheClouds
("Modern Development..."?)

I would suggest Scale

TALK: Atlassian Community: How Atlassian's own users will be the MOST important factor in the company's future and how those users make the most out of Support, Online Community and Community Events! #FunManAndy

This one is trickier, but I would suggest Organizations or maybe even Teams 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019

Cracking! Thanks kindly @Kyndal 🏆😎👍

Like BiancaE likes this
Dominik_Kugelmann October 29, 2019

Anyone interested in a talk about user experience design that does not need a designer?   

I've got manny fumes with badly setup service desks and other collaboration setups and now I am looking at the design of ITSM and Agile Tools and their notification emails and other setups. 

Especially if they are customized by the customer or a partner.  

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2019

@Dominik_Kugelmann - definitely! 😍👍 Love anything and everything to do with UX !!

Although... that's a super short talk, right? Doesn't it go:

Q: Do you need a designer for UX Design?
A: No! You need a UX Strategist. The End

😜 Hi hi

Heather R November 7, 2019

That moment when.... you submitted your outline and realized you brilliantly made the mistake of referencing conditions as validators.  Rookie mistake. smh @ myself

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events