Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Agile, DevOps, and Lean IT

Over a year ago, we decided to run a retrospective on agile. The insights from around the community were wonderful. Even after we published our findings, I was stuck with a nagging question about what's after agile? It's not so much that we have to leave all those wonderful agile lessons behind. It's more how the agile community seems to be unable to explain the failures of agile beyond categorizing the failures as not agile. Is there something that does explain it?

summit19-after-agile.021.png

I think part of the answer comes from Dave Snowden's Cynefin framework because it explains why we can't apply agile as if it were "best practice". Layering on top of that, I think there is a balance between the needs of resilience and efficiency, where there is a narrow band that creates a kind of self-sustaining growth.

summit19-after-agile.029.png

At Summit, I got a chance to explain what these ideas mean to me, as someone who has been in the software industry for almost 2 decades: After Agile, DevOps, and Lean IT: Modern Methodology in the Age of Disruption

If you learn something from those ideas, please share!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events