Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Still working on it message" in Stride

Mike Hawthorne February 23, 2018

A couple of my team members are reporting a yellow message bar with "Still working on it" and what looks like a download in progress status timer running in a circle.  There is also a yellow message indicator on the gear icon in the toolbar on the left.  I logged in via our VPN and see the same thing.

image.png

Then I clicked on the message icon and got a message that there was an update waiting and I needed to restart Stride.

image1.png

I clicked the Restart Stride link in the message.  The message closed, but nothing else happened.  I waited a couple of minutes, but still nothing.  I force-closed Stride and restarted it, and me message was still displaying.  Is this just a really large download that I should have waited longer to complete?  The message said "Restart Stride, and just like that..." so I expected it to happen pretty quickly.  One of my team members had that message up for an hour.  She logged in from a local machine and that message wasn't there any more.

Are there any know issues with Stride and a VPN?  Anyone have any idea what's happening in the description above?

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

So we had this at one of our sites and it was related to an issue associated w/ outdated firmware on one of our firewalls. It may also very well be associated w/ incomplete whitelisting. Please have a look at this document.

Mike Hawthorne February 23, 2018

Thanks so much for the quick reply!!

This sounds reasonable.  The guy who handles our firewalls is out today, and since Stride is working on the local machines, he'll probably opt not to make any changes on the firewall.

But thank you nevertheless!  Just wanted to be certain it wasn't an issue with the app.

Mariano Hoffman June 3, 2018

Hi Jack,

The document you referenced only refers to apps such as Bitbucket, Hipchat, and Trello. There is no mention there about Stride.
Before I engage with our IT department I need to be more certain what the fix for this problem is.
I'm concerned that I haven't seen any confirmation about this issue being fixed.

Would someone be able to shed some more light on this issue?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events