possible to disable all communication?

Norman Azadian April 24, 2018

Is it possible to disable all communication within a team?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

Hi, Norman.

Can you please confirm if you want to completely deactivate your HipChat Cloud / Stride group when you refer to "disable all communication within a team"?

I need more context on the use case before suggesting an answer to your question. Thanks.

Norman Azadian April 25, 2018

Yes, I need the ability to disable all communication within my site at the push of a button.  If trolls show up who only want to disrupt the team, it will be necessary to stop all action while investigating the situation.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2018

Hi, Norman.

In HipChat (in general), there is no way for Admins to stop / pause / freeze communication within a Group other than Support temporarily deactivating the team through the backend.

A more tedious alternative that Admins can resort to is by manually deactivating Users or set Rooms to private & kick Users out but that won’t stop these Users from sending 1-1 chats.

May I know if you are on HipChat Cloud / Stride specifically?

Norman Azadian April 25, 2018

Stride.  I expect a couple hundred members in the team, so manual deactivation is not feasible.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2018

Hey, Norman.

With that being the case, it will be best to get in touch with the Stride Support team immediately if there is a need for you to temporarily deactivate the group, perform the investigation before reactivating the group again. 

The team is still working on the export chat feature that you will be interested to keep an eye on:

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events