One of the features that we need (hipchat offers) is to leave popup on screen until acknowledged ("keeping popups visible until hipchat is focused" is in hipchat settings).  How can we do this with stride?  It now fades away in about 5 seconds and may go unnoticed if user is away.

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Paul!

While this is not planned for the roadmap, Stride has a few more capabilities than Hipchat does in this regard. 

Unread tracking is available in Stride - you can keep unread unread notifications in the sidebar between app closures. 

Also, if you have an important messages that you can't get to immediately, but want to come back to, you could mark the message as a task for yourself!

We will be releasing more features related to this, so keep an eye out for updates in the coming months!

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply.  I am disappointed that this is not on the roadmap as this was the main reason we went with hipchat.   How does the "keep unread unread notifications in the sidebar" work?  Does this work with the app?  Is there a setting?

Hi,

Any update on keeping popups visible feature?  My understanding is my team could stay on Hipchat, but now everyone is prompted for Stride.  How can we keep with Hipchat?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

12,433 views 12 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you