Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat to stride migration duration / grace period / procedure

spdc-licensing November 1, 2017

1) How far in advance will an organization be notified before Atlassian is ready to migrate them from hipchat to stride?

2) does it have to happen immediately?  within a day?  a week?

3) if we are picked to migrate during out peak business season can we reschedule?  if so, how far out?

4) since the two will be incompatible, will it be possible to provide some method for non-admin users to migrate themselves or will everyone in an organization need to swarm the helpdesk to have the apps "switched"?

4a) if there's no way for non-admins to move themselves, will there be a webui similar to hipchat's that users can connect to in order to maintain communication until an admin gets to them?

1 answer

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2017

Hi there! 

I'll answer these questions as best as I can, but I would recommend looking at the Upgrade FAQ here!

Your HipChat team administrator will be notified by email as soon as we are ready for you. You will have the opportunity to schedule your move to Stride, or just let us do the planning. It's up to you! If you don't think you're the right person to move your team, please contact support.

Once you schedule your team's upgrade to Stride, we will provide you with the right links to download your apps. We'll also notify your team members with information on how to get their apps setup in Stride.

All of your rooms, teammates, files, custom emoticons and message history from HipChat Cloud will be in Stride waiting for you, just as you left it.

After your move, just log in to Stride with the same credentials you used in HipChat Cloud. You won't be able to use HipChat Cloud for messaging, but you can continue to use it to get integration notifications while you get your apps installed and configured in Stride.

I hope this answers some of you questions! The tl;dr version - don't worry, we've thought of all the details and you can always put off your migration.

spdc-licensing November 3, 2017

Hi, Lauren.

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the FAQ over a few times and the questions I've asked aren't covered there, which is why I've asked them here.

Our biggest concerns are questions 4 and 4a.  We rely heavily on the hipchat desktop application, not the webui.

So it's nice that users will get a notification about the upgrade, but will they be able to do that themselves as non-admin users on their laptops/desktops or do we need to "take a day" to uninstall hipchat and install stride?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events