It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

As near as I can tell, there can be exactly one team per stride login. Is that so?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Norman Azadian,

Not exactly - in Stride, a team = a site. You can create multiple sites from one login by going to https://signup.stride.com:

stride.PNG

You will then be able to switch from site to site with one login, see documentation.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thanks for the tip.  Is it possible to rename a team?  delete a team?  Is it possible to change who is allowed to join?  Is it possible to add hundreds of members without typing in all the email addresses?

• Is it possible to rename a team?

It's not possible for now, you can watch the request here: STRIDE-1509.

• delete a team?

Delete a team = cancel the site, you need to cancel the subscription by going to Settings (the cog button) > Admin tab > View all admin settings > Billing > Manage subscriptions > Cancel subscription.

• Is it possible to change who is allowed to join?

Sure, go to Settings (the cog button) > Admin tab > View all admin settings. There is a User management tab where you can manage this.

• Is it possible to add hundreds of members without typing in all the email addresses?

You'll have to put all the email adresses in an Excel file (1 email = 1 cell), copy these cells and paste them in Settings (the cog button) > Admin tab > View all admin settings > Users > Invite user.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Managing subscriptions to delete a site doesn't seem to work in free mode.

Sorry, I'm not seeing where I can change who is allowed to join (anyone, by invite, by domain).

On the user invite page (https://cc-intl.atlassian.net/admin/users), I get separate boxes for email and user names.  It looks like I'd have to manually type (or copy-paste) all the names and email addresses.

What do you mean "doesn't seem to work"? Are you getting an error message? I am using Stride in free mode and cancellation is working.

I think you're looking for the Self signup menu (go to Settings (the cog button) > Admin tab > View all admin settings > Self signup).

You need to click on Invite user to get the email addresses box: https://cc-intl.atlassian.net/admin/users/invite

Let me know if this works,

- Manon

When I go to the page to delete sites, my sites don't show up.  Amusingly, when I do it this time, it shows one subscription, with no name.  In fact I have two sites, both with names.  Is a subscription the same as a site?

Ah, yes, I see that the Self signup allows me to change who can sign up.  I suggest that the name for this page is far from intuitively obvious.

Yes, when I go to the link you provide, I can copy and paste multiple emails, comma-delimited.  However, I don't know how to get to that page.  From admin I click on Users, and I can invite users, one at a time, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the invite page unless I happen to know the URL.  And on the invite page, there's apparently no way to give the names along with the email addresses.

I'd advise you to contact Atlassian support for your remaining questions: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

- Manon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,817 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you