Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will all HipChat orgs be eventually moved to Stride and when?

Emil Varona September 7, 2017

As our HipChat Cloud site admin, I am trying to plan if & when to move to Stride. Will there be a hard date when HipChat will not be available to use as we do today?

The FAQs mention "In the future, all HipChat Cloud teams will be encouraged to move to Stride" and that "After upgrading, HipChat Cloud will remain in 'read-only' mode". Can you please clarify the timeframes? TIA.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi Emil! 

Timeframes right now are not set in stone, but as the admin, you will receive an email from us soon when we are ready for your site to migrate over. You will have the option to plan your date or let us decide the date for you, but we will give you plenty of notice! 

Thanks for that @Kesha Thill but it doesn't completely answer my question. Will HipChat eventually be phased out in favor of Stride?

Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Eventually yes, but not in the near future and we will give plenty of notice! 

Thanks.

Tim Howe October 25, 2017

@Kesha Thillcan you please provide an order-of-magnitude estimate on the timeframe? Days? Weeks? Months?  What're "near" and "plenty"?

Thanks!

Tim Howe October 25, 2017

@Kesha Thillthe official Atlassian documentation says, under What if I don't want to move my team to Stride?, that the forced migration will begin soon.  Can you please clarify? Thanks

Emil Varona October 25, 2017

The question Tim references does say "will be encouraged to move to Stride" but it's vague enough to cause concern. Additionally, we have a lot of services that use the API to give status in HipChat. We do not see the same integrations yet available for Stride and that's a deal breaker for us. 

Tim Howe June 5, 2018

Interesting that Atlassian still refuses to answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events