It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Will Stride offer a migration from Slack?

Tom Burgess Sep 07, 2017
Will Stride offer a migration from Slack?

5 answers

7 votes
Kesha Thillainayagam Atlassian Team Sep 07, 2017

Hi Tom! 

Great question - currently we are not offering a way to migrate from Slack but we will most likely in the future! 

Tom Burgess Sep 07, 2017

Hi @Kesha Thillainayagam I really hope so as most of the marketing is geared towards attracting slack users.

Gareth Abramczyk Sep 08, 2017

Agreed, this would be a major draw, would simplify migration and would help with already change weary teams.

Dirk Janek Dec 01, 2017

Any update on this?

Brian Rabben Dec 17, 2017

WANT

Brendan Byers Jan 15, 2018

Will definitely need this if I'm to sell my organization on switching from Slack to Stride.
A timeline on this (even a general one) would be hugely helpful in pushing for a change to Stride.

Ramin Jan 26, 2018

Any news about an importer? Thank you

Blazej Marciniak Apr 09, 2018

Same case in my organization, it also holds back migration from Redmine to Jira. C'mon @Stride decision makers, even Synology chat has Slack history import feature and it's free..

4 votes
Martin Rio Jan 16, 2018

My organization will not be able to consider the adoption of Stride without a migration path from Slack. We have business critical data in Slack, and I can only assume this is the case with most existing Slack users.

Andres DeVitto Jan 30, 2018

yea same here.

1 vote
Hermance NDounga Atlassian Team May 04, 2018

There is a feature request here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-1976 that we can follow to be updated about it

Andrea Volpini May 27, 2018

Hi @Hermance NDounga thanks for the update we will look forward to seeing this issue completed 

0 votes
Dylan Williams Apr 23, 2018

Any news or update on this?

0 votes
Richard Crampton Jul 30, 2018

More likely to be the other way around now ;)

Hermance NDounga Atlassian Team Jul 30, 2018

Indeed :)

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,410,950 views 25 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you