Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Stride have a threading feature like Slack?

Jason Banich September 8, 2017

Slack's threading feature is very useful, will Stride have something similar?

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Hi Jason, 

We don't have any plans to incorporate threading at the moment, but keep an eye on our blog for our feature updates. 

Thanks!

Jason Banich September 8, 2017

That is really disappointing to hear. My org may be switching to Slack then :/

Ashwin Bhargav Ch October 3, 2017

I was Expecting stride to have a better threading feature when compared to slack which allows only text in threads unlike flow dock which allows even large attachments to be uploaded to threads along with text. This is truly disappointing to know that there will be no threads at all. Kindly confirm this as this is one of the features our switch to stride will depend majorly on. 

Dan Herrera November 27, 2017

I agree with you. We just moved from Slack and I've found that the threading feature was definitely something that I'll miss. We, however, may not be moving back due to our entire business running out of Atlassian services.

Dogan Ayyildiz December 15, 2017

That is also for us as global customer a killer criteria. It's really sad that the threading function will not given in stride...

Andres DeVitto January 30, 2018

This is very disappointing, there are a few key elements that set a regular communications model to a collaboration model and this here is one of them. 
@lauren can you please confirm wether or not you will be integrating this feature this year? As this is going to be deal breaker for us.

Thanks

Zsolt Bicskey February 10, 2018

please make this happen asap.

we are moving from slack and we need this bad :)

Michael Gibson February 25, 2018

This is frustrating. We have been using Stride for a few months. My only choice is to have a lot of different rooms to act like conversation threads or lump all our conversations all together in a few rooms. Search feature doesn't really handle the whole thread without a topic header manually added at the start of each comment so it can be hard to find what I want anyway. 

Cole Trumbo May 1, 2018

What about any plugins that might create a similar feature?

2 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

We don't have any plans right now to build threading, but of course it is great for us to hear what is important to you. 

I would encourage all of you to vote on this feature request ticket for threading, as that is the best way to get eyes on your request. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-104

@Jason Banich @Ashwin Bhargav Ch @Dan Herrera @Dogan Ayyildiz @Andres DeVitto

Daniel Shin July 9, 2018

This is really disappointing.  Threads is one of the main reasons we want to move off of hipchat to slack.  It's honestly shocking that there aren't even any plans to add it to stride.

0 votes
shangle June 27, 2018

Threading is what is currently preventing us from being able to use Stride. Too bad you missed with this essential element.

Michael Gibson June 27, 2018

From a 6 months Stride user - 7 remote team members: Stride has a gimmicky plugin for Jira task links but all it seems to show is Jira tasks which we can find from Jira Dashboard anyway. We use voice-only team chat in Stride - the video chats drop out so we don't bother. And when a task is needed from a conversation, we use this amazing trick called Alt-Tab to simply open Jira and create the task while we are talking or typing. Relevant team members see the  assigned task in Jira and go from there. With many documents and conversations lost in Stride because the Search function just doesn't work (even with tags), I now realise we don't need to have Stride as part of our Jira tool set. We are now looking elsewhere for better options (including threads) for this team function.   

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events