It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Will Stride allow you to schedule a meeting time with a Video/Screen Share link?

Adam Modert Oct 10, 2017

I would love to replace our existing team collaboration software with a tool that could also easily incorporate the scheduling capabilities of a product such as GoToMeeting.  Can I send out an invitation to a scheduled meeting in Stride, in which I can include a link for the video chat/screen share session?

4 answers

0 votes
Lauren Harrison Atlassian Team Oct 12, 2017

Hi Adam,

We don't have the ability to send an invitation to a scheduled meeting in Stride yet, but you can use the Stride Calendar Plugin for GCal and Outlook 365. These effectively do the same thing! 

Thanks for reaching out. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question!

Willard Korfhage Dec 01, 2017

How do we find this plugin?

Tom Gerber Mar 06, 2018

How do we find this plug in?

Josh Hudson Apr 05, 2018

I would like to know where to find it too!

Alex Lock May 22, 2018

See my answer for the app in Stride and the Chrome Extension that links into Google Calendar for ad-hoc stuff.

0 votes
Shari Barchus Apr 18, 2018

Search the Google Chrome Extension store for 'Stride Meetings' and install/enable the add-on in your Gogole Chrome browser.  Using your gmail calendar, create a new meeting and in the event details tab, you will see a blue button labelled 'add a stride meeting'.  Invite your people, set the date time and SAVE. Everyone will receive an email notification and a link for the schedule meeting.

0 votes
Tom Gerber Apr 18, 2018

It doesn't work for all office 365 accounts.   If you use business exchange 365 the plug-in DOES NOT work.

Very frustrating

Tom Gerber May 22, 2018

I am trying it now.   The Chrome extension is garbage and won't work for more corporate users.

And this new one you have to add to each room?   What a PIA.  Horrid design if that's the case.

We are actively looking for a Stride replacement cause it's worse than the old tool Atlassian had. 

Alex Lock May 22, 2018

Hey Tom, you can activate one in the room as and when you need. The link stays consistent as well.  I'd just add it to the regular meeting invites or tell people to turn up in Stride at the time. I'm not familiar with Slack, but it's similar and integrates with JIRA.

Stride Meeting Link.PNG

Also, TBF, this is early access and it's working fairly well with us. We were on Hangouts prior.

0 votes
Alex Lock May 22, 2018 • edited

Outlook/GCal App for Stride: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218759/outlook-calendars-for-stride?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Chrome Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stride-meetings/ihgghghedjbpbbhkkjdkhdhodlnppjic

Please note that Stride Meetings added in Chrome do not link back to a room nor can they from what I have done.

Tom Gerber May 22, 2018

OMG and it requires a group calendar?!?!?!?    Just horrible.

Alex Lock May 22, 2018

>Requires Group Calendar

What? It worked with mine just an extension on my private calendar with an invite to a few others. It should produce some details on the invite.

Tom Gerber May 22, 2018

Yes forces me to select a group calendar or create a new one.

Danielle Borges May 22, 2018

That is also happening with me, I was excited to have solution but a group calendar for every meeting invite is terrible.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,410,907 views 25 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you