We're in the midst of migrating from Stride and HipChat to Slack. I referred to this page for instructions:
Both tools worked smoothly. However, once the import was done, I only have 1 room (should be ~10), and virtually no message history. The room has no messages, and neither do most chats; a single 1:1 chat between me and a coworker has a handful, including some (randomly) in July 2018. It doesn't look like the Slack import is to blame: it shows only 1 room and 10 total messages were found in the export.
And that makes sense: the Stride export happened suspiciously fast, and if I download the file, it's only 5KB. (FYI, I said "yes" to include public rooms, private rooms, and 1:1 messages in the export config.)
So... why might that happen? I'm a site admin for our Atlassian account; just in case, I had another site admin create an export, but with the same results. Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds or other approaches to try?
Sorry you're experiencing this issue. I'm a member of the team that worked on the Stride Exporter. I'm not sure what's going wrong, but I expect my team will be able to resolve the issue rather quickly once we can get a bit of information from you.
Can you provide the job ID for the export that is not working as expected? It should look something like this: "b9c6eb98-ec65-11e8-8eb2-f2801f1b9fd1"
Thanks for sending those along. They're random IDs and are only used for that single export job, so they're safe to share here. They have no special meaning.
We're looking into it now. But just to confirm, you've selected all 3 checkboxes and aren't specifying a date range, correct?
And if you could provide a rough estimate for how many rooms and messages you would expect to be in the export, that would helpful too.
Correct. I just ran a third one with the same general results (i.e. a 5KB file) - I'm attaching a screenshot of the settings I used.
Hard to say on the number of messages, but the project in question goes back over a year with probably some dozens of messages - automated and personal - per weekday (and those are just the public ones). So probably 5-figures or so? Looks like we have 17 rooms.
And understood on the ids. I realize they're randomized and non-sequential, but if there were a security flaw on Atlassian's side that could be exploited if one knows the direct id of something like an export job, I just wanted to minimize the odds of a breach. However, even in that case, those particular exports have so little data that not much is at risk. :P
Thanks again for looking into it!
We've done some digging and from what we can see on our end, that export looks to be correct. We're not seeing any errors or warnings in our logs, but we're also not seeing additional rooms, which is a bit confusing.
I think the best thing to do at this point is to open a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/. This we can communicate more privately and dig a little deeper into this specific issue.
Your last post made me question my assumptions; digging further, I see that the problem is account confusion. Most that we do (Jira, BB, Confluence, Stride) is under one account, but the Stride I want to export lives under a second that, AFAIK, only hosts Stride. The one in our main account contains little and matches my export.
Sorry to send you running down a false path. I'm working on getting access to the secondary account now, which I'm pretty confident will work fine. Thanks again for your help!
All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us. As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events