It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When is Stride available to try? Edited

My team is eager to try out Stride, when will we get a chance? Is there any timeframe?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Jason,

General availability and pre-release opportunities haven't been given specific timeframes yet. There are some teams already in beta, so it doesn't seem like the next batch of early access teams are that far off.

You can sign up for early access at https://www.stride.com/ (button in the upper right for "Get early access").

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. If you found this answer useful (sorry the dates have not been announced yet!) please click the checkmark to the left to mark it as answered.

I must say, this is bad timing. I'm in an organization where I need to set up a cloud-based collaboration tool very quickly for up to 500 people to try out and evaluate, to make a subscription payment decision. I can do that right this minute with Slack if I wanted, and indeed another coworker has done so. I *used* to be able to do that with HipChat (and a member of my group did, at a previous employer, where we did adopt HipChat).

Unfortunately, since Stride was announced, I now have zero options from Atlassian to introduce a collaboration tool to my team (and a self-hosted solution isn't an option here at the moment). So now Atlassian has a gap in which they cannot get any new customers. Failing to give prospective customers a path to get on board now and convert to Stride later seems like poor planning.

I did sign up for the early release, but all I have received so far is an acknowledgment that I'm on a waiting list.

lauren Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2017

Hi Alex,

Your frustration is completely understandable, and this was not a decision we made lightly. After much debate, we came to the conclusion that we did not want our customers to go through the effort of implementing a new tool and then finding out Atlassian had a brand new product (which you would be upgrading to).

If we were to sell HipChat Cloud, customers like you would spend a large amount of time getting HipChat up and running with your team, only to then find out that you'll be able to upgrade to Stride.

So we decided to ask customers to wait a little longer for Stride and save the time and effort associated with implementing HipChat Cloud.

We made the decision that we thought was right with the information that we had. We understand that you have time constraints and that Stride might not be a viable option for you right now, but we hope that you will consider us in the future. In the meantime, we're working to get people off the waitlist as fast as possible.

Thanks for the quick reply. If you need another beta team, ping me. Otherwise I'll just wait.

@Alex Matulich I was in the same position.  We are on Slack now and moving to Stride seems farther and farther away.  I could've self-provisioned HipChat cloud in an afternoon which shouldn't have been a big distraction to Altassian if I'm doing it myself. 

My thoughIf so many resources have been redirected to Stride but they aren't getting any NET NEW customers on either HipChat or Stride, there must be another reason Atlassian was willing to pause revenue generating activities to get Stride online.  

+1 this. 

We're in Q4 now, and without any hard (or even soft) dates, it makes planning for 2018 quite difficult.   Do we plan for a migration to Stride - sight unseen and date not announced, or do we bite the bullet and jump to Slack, which is available and testable now?

We are Q1 2018. And the same status?

We even received the invitation to join but surprisingly does not work. Reported twice to Support and no news.

We are going to move towards Slack. 

We are in a similar position. I've tried to sign up for the early access and have configured it, and although we can use it on mobile (?!) we can't use it on desktop. Not an ideal way to evaluate and decide if it's the right option for us.

It's working for me on desktop, web and mobile.

What desktop are you trying to use it on and what is the problem with it?

Microsoft Windows using Firefox, and the error is "Something slipped up" - when I click on the troubleshooting link, it just prompts me to configure admin settings and users but doesn't offer any other fixes.

Could you try the browser in "safe" mode (all the plugins disabled temporarily), the Windows client, and a different browser?

Not because I want to offer an alternative to your browser, but for more information about if the problem is on your side.

No luck in safe mode. I have submitted a ticket with Support so hopefully they might have some insight. Thanks Bro(ugh!) :)

That was the next step - I had problems with browser extensions the first time I used Stride, and then more with my second account which turned out to be a server-side problem with a simple flag not being set (so yes, Support request)

0 votes

Hey Jason,

Daniel is correct!

If you haven't already, you should sign-up for our early access program! We're currently in the process of sending out invites to those who have applied to our early access program. 

You can sign up here: https://www.stride.com/

We're slowly moving individual teams into the product, gathering feedback, and moving onto the next team. While we want to get everyone on Stride quickly, we want to rollout Stride responsibly to make sure things go as smoothly as possible for you. 

Thanks for your patience! We know it's hard to wait. Once you sign-up for our early access program, you will receive email updates on our progress. 

Thanks!

@Lauren Harrison - see my message above, which should have been a reply to your comment.

I have signed up on for early access on  September 13th.Still have not heard anything back. When can we accept a reply?

We signed within a couple of days it was announced, have not received an invite. Our teams love HipChat yet MS Teams is being pushed by the org and I'd like to counter with Stride. Really looking forward to an invite.

As of today, it is now exactly 3 months since Stride was announced, and there is still no way I can see for any team to become a paying customer. I signed up for "early access" but haven't received any communication that anything's ready to try. I can see some downloadable apps (which don't get past my company's sign-on authentication). Is there an OS-neutral browser application, like Hipchat has?

Hello  @Atlassian team

I have more common question related to stride evolution. 

We have all atlassian products on premise and more than 500 team members from engineering team .  We are thrilled to evaluate stride as corporate collaboration solution. 

What steps needs to be done from atlassian customers with the same atlassian stack layout  ?

Regards,

Alexey E

lauren Atlassian Team Nov 03, 2017

Hi Alexey,

Stride will integrate with on-premise Atlassian products soon, keep an eye out for updates from the team!

hi @lauren.

My question was about how start evolution of stride without valid/active  atlassian cloud subscription / products  available ?

We have products on premise but wanted to try stride based on cloud deployment. 

lauren Atlassian Team Nov 07, 2017

Oh I see! Yes, Stride is only offered as a cloud deployment. You can try out Stride for free without a full cloud subscription. If you haven't already, sign up for our Early Access Program and we will let you know when you can try it out (for free, without any other subscription). 

@lauren Do you have estimates when evolution become available.  Any chances by the end of 2017 ?

I have subscribed to EAP at first date after announcement. 

lauren Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2017

Hi Alexey,

It is difficult to say when you will be migrated to Stride, as we are inviting groups slowly over time. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,415,047 views 26 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you