It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When is Hipchat being retired?

I know this is touched on in a few older posts, but there is no answer. I have gotten the emails about Stride. But I need to know: when is HipChat cloud being retired? It is an integral part of my team's communication, and I really need to know. At least give me a quarter if you can't be more precise. Are we talking Q1 2018? Q4? 

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Jenny Loza Atlassian Team Jan 22, 2018

Hi Kathryn,

Hipchat cloud does not currently have an end of life date. We will notify Hipchat users well in advance if this changes.

We have committed to maintain this platform for our customers, consistent with our values - but are focusing all our new innovation and improvements into Stride (which you'll see not only in Stride but in cross-product experience between Stride -> Jira, Stride -> Confluence, etc. ).

Hope this helps. 

Can you be more clear regarding what "well in advance" means? Will we have a 6 month window? or will it be 6 weeks?

If there is any chance that HipChat is going to be disabled before the end of 2018, then I need to make the move to Stride right away; since a Q4 migration is not going to be capable for us.

Our HipChat got retired today and we've been forced to Stride. Unfortunately this stopped working so none of our users can work. API integrations stopped with migration as well. So be prepared!

Your HipChat Cloud instance was retired?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,415,047 views 26 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you