Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my avatars in Stride?

Luca April 10, 2018

Hi all! I am brand new to Stride.  My first impression of the product was "great!" -- I loved the task feature, exactly what we needed to make sure our micro-tasks don't get lost between chats.

However, my second impression was "it doesn't work". I got that impression this morning, when I checked and saw that my avatar disappeared again.  Yesterday I uploaded it twice. I can't imagine not being able to easily identify who's written what -- the team would kill me for that. I asked another user to upload her avatar, and she had the same experience.

I can't imagine the developers would release the product without this basic ability -- so am I doing something wrong here?

5 answers

1 vote
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi there,
Blair here from the Stride Support team. I see what you mean, Luca -- the avatars can take some time to sync across all systems. We do have an open bug ticket for this and we're working on improvements; I've added notes to the existing bug with your report about avatar inconsistency. Thank you for your insights!

We encourage you to watch and vote on the bug ticket -- this way, you'll get an email notification when we have updates and a resolution.

If you need help from Stride Support, please feel free to comment on your existing Support ticket or create a new one.

Sincerely,

Blair | Atlassian

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

0 votes
Luca April 10, 2018

I have to say that the experience is quite disappointing.  What I thought would have been privately shared within the organization instead is made publicly available online -- small thing, sure (I mean, I use this face everyday to go to work, shopping, etc. -- it's not exactly a private face), but it came unexpected.

0 votes
Luca April 10, 2018

Now the web browser shows the avatars, even in places where I did not expect them, such as this forum, while the iOS app does not.

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Stride works with your Atlassian ID. It is for the Community, Stride all Atlassian Cloud Applications and other Atlassian sites.

Changing something there seems to take it's time, strange.

Maybe there were issues with syncing the avatars to all services, but nothing on status.atlassian.com indicating such a thing. Maybe someone of the Atlassian Team knows more.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi @Luca

What Stride app are you on? In webbrowser, Mac, Windows or on mobile?

Luca April 10, 2018

Hi!  Thanks for asking,

I have tried both web browser and iOS on iPad.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events