What Linux distributions are supported by Stride? All features available?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2017

I'd be interested to learn at least:

1. Whether modern Ubuntu desktop versions are supported?
  2. Is there any limitation regarding features?
    1. Is there video call? With multiple participants?
    2. Is there desktop sharing? With multiple participants?

2 answers

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Aron,

Yes, all Stride features are available on Linux as well. Keep an eye out for your early access program invite!

Thanks for reaching out.

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

Hi Aron,

From what I can tell, the Stride client is running under electron. It's basically a window wrapper around a Chrome tab (all the javascript / rendering pieces are then handled by Chrome code). Supported platforms for electron include most major Linux distros, including Ubuntu 12.04 and onward.

Cheers,

Daniel (I don't work for Atlassian)

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

Aha, that makes sense.

Do you, Daniel, eventually have any info about the "advanced" features (like screen sharing with multiple participants) working on Linux? 

I already signed up for the product, but didn't get invite yet so couldn't try it myself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events