The estimated time of EAP being available for Stride

Andrew Kao September 15, 2017

Hi,

We are now using Teams by Microsoft, and owing to numerous complaints from our employees who use mac OS and iOS that app crashes often, we decide to find an alternative to replace it.

I find Stride starts accepting the EAP application on the official website when the press released, however, there is no approximate time announced by you to make people enrolling into the EAP, even without a rough period such as end of Q3 2017, or late 2017 (at least the EAP or even private beta from other software companies I attended so far provide such schedule for users). 

This makes decision maker confused for the evaluation, not for the features of product but the time that a company should prepare to transfer and move the team from one to another.

In addition, I do believe the PM and the R&D team have the timeframe for the release which could be delayed but you must have the plan, not only a "Coming Soon" which makes me feel like the announcement just aims to obfuscate this market.

2 answers

4 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2017

Hi Andrew,

Stride is currently in a private beta and getting the final touches before more teams are onboarded. As you found, the best thing to do is sign up for early access on the website.

In general, SaaS products these days are released "when they're ready". This isn't just Stride, this is most products. The last thing Atlassian wants to do is put a product in your hands that doesn't meet your requirements or quality standards just to hit some arbitrarily assigned release date.

Just sign up on the website and hang tight, it will be worth the wait!

Cheers,
Daniel (I am a volunteer and don't work for Atlassian)

Tim Cambra September 22, 2017

I was told by the Stride folks at the Atlassian Summit that the client is not in Beta. I was told it was RC. If its not ready and they have no idea when its going to be ready, it seems a waste of time to get peoples hopes up. They probably announced it because the Keynotes were lacking to me. In past years they had alot to talk about. Not this year.... If you look at there back log for stride it would seem they are well off from actually releasing the client. Stride Backlog. And we continue to have a poor experience using hipchat which they refuse to fix the issues with. Just another reason for my company to move to another solution. Thanks again Atlassian....

1 vote
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi guys,

We know it's confusing, but actually Stride isn't in beta – teams are running their communication on Stride today.

Stride is in our Early Access Program right now. We've been letting groups of people off the waitlist consistently, while being responsible given it's a brand new product built from scratch.

It's really hard to tell any group exactly when we will invite them into the EAP because we got a huge number of sign-ups and we are letting people off based on specific criteria, not just their 'number' on the list. 

That's not a satisfying answer and I totally understand your frustration. We know we might not be the best option for you if you have specific time constraints, but we hope you will still consider us now or in the future. 

Chris Ranglas October 6, 2017

Thanks @lauren and @Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_ for keeping us in the loop. Can't wait to try Stride. We have signed up for the EAP program. Wish I had done that right after Summit. Oh well. We are JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket/Bamboo shop with O365 in the mix for mail/docs and Skype for Business for chat. With Skype for Business being phased out we are taking a closer look at Teams since it is SaaS among other reasons. Fingers crossed, we get added to EAP program soon so we can get Stride in the mix for consideration........

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events