Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message to phone in Stride?

Michael Kilpatrick March 18, 2018

In HiipChat you can set your mobile number up under your notifications and check on SMS notifications as one of the options (email, SMS, and push) for how you are notified when things happen. WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THIS OPTION IN STRIDE?

I'm starting to worry they excluded this feature/ability in Stride...which would be highly ridiculous considering it is the current upgrade/migration path from the HipChat solution and this is a HIGHLY useful and needed feature, so much so, we will just go elsewhere if necessary but I'm hoping we don't have to do that and this is something I just haven't figured out yet.

2 answers

1 vote
TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2018

Hey, @Michael Kilpatrick. I am sorry for the frustration here. As Nagila said above, Stride does not support SMS delivery.

Would you be willing to share the reasons why you use/need SMS notifications instead of push notifications from the mobile app? Or email notifications (which are coming soon)? I would think either of those delivering to your phone cover the same use case.

In Hipchat we had very low usage of SMS notifications, and even those numbers were declining steadily. Would like to understand your needs so we make sure we appropriately consider the value.

Thanks!

Levi Bloom April 16, 2018

We used this feature extensively.  A banner or push notification sends a blip and can be constant depending on how many apps you have enabled to do so.  I would say in our use case that when someone ats you (@whoever) and they have it set to their text tone it is much more likely to be paid attention to than a beep about a push or email.  Case in point if I’m on call and someone ats  me I want a text to come through and trigger a sound like a boomerang in a canteen store. I don’t want that for my push notifications.  I don’t enable email for sound as I and many of my tech cohorts get so much email we would be alert deaf by the end of the week.  This is unfortunate to see that this is not s feature as it’s been one of the main selling points to keep hipchat/ move to stride over teams.   Teams doesn’t have this either but we aren’t paying extra for teams as it’s part of our licensing.  Not saying you should enable for only one group but damn,  those who used it probably appreciated it as we did.

1 vote
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2018

Hi Michael, 

At this moment, SMS notifications aren't available for Stride. However, we do have an enhancement request opened to be reviewed:

We appreciate the feedback! Feel free to vote and/or comment to show your support. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events