Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taskbar badge notification is not working on Windows application

David Frager June 2, 2018

When using the Windows application for Stride, i am not seeing the taskbar badge being flagged when i receive a message outside of a room. 

My current settings enable the pop-up, sound, and badge notifications.

When I receive a message within a room, all 3 notifications work as expected

When I receive a message outside of a room, only the sound and pop-up notifications are received.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2018

Hi there, David.

I had this tested in the following environment using the latest 1.19.60 version of Stride:

• Windows 7: Working as expected
  • Windows 10: The unread badge is not shown in the taskbar

Can you please confirm on the version of Windows and Stride that you are running on before I go ahead and raise a bug report for this?

David Frager June 5, 2018

Ahmad

Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday, when i booted my laptop, i received a large windows update.  Since that time, i appear to be seeing the unread badge, as expected.

I am running Stride Desktop version 1.19.60.  I am running the latest patches on Windows 10.

I will monitor over the next few days to see if the problem reappears.

David

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2018

Hi, David.

You are welcome. Let us continue to observe this for the next couple of days before we confirm that the major Windows update helped to fix the issue. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events