It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stride update, emoticons gone

Hi,

Stride updated today and we have lost all the old Hipchat emoticons. Is this a bug or have they been removed? They were actually the best part.

Example; :ohmy: or :noidea: 

4 answers

I agree with the above. The new emoticons are terrible and none of our custom designed ones moved over. 

My team is revolting against Stride for this reason - it brought a little levity to long days. Is there someplace to formally request they be added back?

Jenny Loza Atlassian Team Feb 26, 2018

Hi Stephanie,

If your team's custom emoticons were not moved to Stride with the rest of your Hipchat data, please contact support and our team can look into that for you. 

Noooo just migrate to Stride and that's the first thing I checked

Bring back our good old emoticons, please :)

:truestory:

Jack Community Leader Jan 23, 2018

:doh: 

works on iOS still. Hopefully it will return. 

0 votes
Jenny Loza Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2018

Hi Adam, 

Stride has a brand new, modern emoji set we think you'll love. It is different from the Hipchat emoticon set. New Stride teams will have the new Stride emoji set.

When your Hipchat team upgrades to Stride, all your Hipchat custom emoticons are moved to Stride along with your rooms, files and conversation history. 

You can easily upload additional emoji to Stride by clicking the + icon at the bottom of your emoji picker.

Hope this helps!

:cerealspit: So the cool emoticons are gone? :feelsbadman:

No offence but the new emoji set is kinda boring :eggplant: off the shelf stuff.

I hope you guys will bring it back someday.

:facepalm:

Matt Laux Atlassian Team Feb 12, 2018

Note that you can still view the old emoticon set on this page and upload the ones you like as custom emoji in Stride.

Matt:

I dont like the new emoji set. It´s older and uglier than HipChat one. Take a look al Viber emojis (just google it)  and you`ll find a modern and nicer set.

Matt: How, it's not intuitive.

No, I don't love the bland and boring emojis. Please add the old HipChat set!

@Jenny Loza Thank you for the explanation. Is there any chance/option to also migrate the default iconset when upgrading to Stride? Otherwise I'd need to manually add all the 200 emojis...

Jenny Loza Atlassian Team May 09, 2018

Hi @Klaus Schwarzenberger

The default Hipchat emoji and your team's custom hipchat emoji should have been migrated to your Stride along with all the rest of your team's data.

If they are not available for you, please contact support and we will do everything we can to help you. 

Have a great day,

Jenny

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,414,672 views 26 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you