Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride team administration: creating/joining multiple teams, deleting/renaming team?

Michael Hofmann November 30, 2017

I just joined the Stride early access by creating a team purely for testing purposes.

I now want to create another team (and of course be in both, or more). I might also want to edit the team name (URL), or delete the complete team. Both should be quite easy to do.

But I cannot find any administration interface for this. The admin interface (https://[TEAMNAME].atlassian.net/admin/users) does not seem to have any team-level admin functionality.

If I log into my Atlassian account, I also cannot see how to create multiple teams, or some kind of team selector; neither on the web site nor in the client software (Linux).

How can I do this basic functionality?

3 answers

2 votes
Nevin Cohen December 5, 2017

This is my problem too. I want to rename the test team that I initially set up, and cannot seem to do so. My sense is that if the app is frustrating to use at the very beginning it is not likely to be easier later on. No answer from Stride??

Michael Hofmann December 5, 2017

Indeed, I have concerns there. It's hard to grasp that I can create a team (and see the billing page), but I have no way of deleting it. Or renaming it. Or administering (multiple) teams that I manage.

Pretty much any other service lets you at least delete the account you create.

Despite the multiple team management feature being promised with "this is supported" here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Stride-questions/Does-Stride-allow-sign-in-to-multiple-organizations/qaq-p/636708, I haven't seen any evidence of its existence.

For the moment, my work email seems permanently connected to the test team I set up, which is at the very least frustrating until an answer is given here.

Alvin Cura December 29, 2017

+1

I need to delete the test team/site that I created as well.

Fernando Boucquez (PPL) March 20, 2018

+ 1

I want to delete this testing team. 

1 vote
Philippe Tonguet December 8, 2017

You can create another team by clicking on "Get early access" on stride.com.

Then you click on Continue.

Finally, you can create another team.

Once it is done, you will see in your stride the button to switch from one team to the other. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/chat-in-multiple-teams-940693970.html)

Nevin Cohen December 8, 2017

But you must use a different email address to create another team, and so the two teams will not be linked. Atlassian does not let you get early access for more than one team using the same email address. 

Philippe Tonguet December 8, 2017

In my case, I did not have to use another email. I can switch from one team to the other with the button "Switch to different site" mentioned in

https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/chat-in-multiple-teams-940693970.html?_ga=2.15699766.1624761369.1512716892-1395531516.1504853167

Casey Graves December 9, 2017

FYI that creating a new team effectively creates a new Atlassian "site".  So if you go to the Stride site, click Get Early Access, plug in a team name and have it created, it will actually create a new Atlassian site with your team ma,e accessible from *teamname*.atlassian.net.

If you go to my.atlassian.com you will see a new Atlassian Cloud (Monthly Payments) entry for the new site with an active subscription and no payment details entered.

I cancelled the subscription on it but it's still going to hang around for a couple months due to the trial duration.

One nagging thing I noticed about this is that all the users on my normal Atlassian site with Jira, Confluence, and my first Stride team do not have initial access to the new "team" site.  I would have to invite them all over through email.  This makes it a bit cumbersome to break out the users of my org into various "teams" as the name would suggest as I'd have to invite all of those team members instead of using my existing groups.

For now I'm just making rooms for each "team" on our main Stride site.  Having each team as a totally separate Atlassian site doesn't feel like the right approach to this worthwhile organization concept.

1 vote
max December 6, 2017

Right now it is a trial version. The team you first create is temporary and you will be able to create more when the old HipChat data has been upgraded to Stride and Stride is in full swing, right now it is kind of just a sneak peek of the full thing to get used to it and introduce your team to it.

Michael Hofmann December 7, 2017

That may be, but the features I'm mentioning seem so basic. Deleting an account you create, for example. It's not an optional feature.

My main issue is that I have not heard anything from the official Stride side.

Or is this an official statement?

And I am mainly evaluating the usefulness of Stride on the above features. If deleting a team or administering multiple teams is only added when "Stride is in full swing" (whatever that means), then that might be a deal breaker for us.

max December 7, 2017

Yes, I kind of assumed this from what they said. It seemed that they might be implying it but this is odd that they haven't said something yet for a very obvious and simple feature. In invite emails they say to make an instance called test or something and then invite some team members to it to introduce them to it kind of hinting to the fact that it is only a trial. I think it may be because of the way of making permanent ones will only be implemented after hipchat is updated to easily merge the material without to many issues. I also noticed the settings and features seen quite bare at the moment. Possibly more features will be implemented when hipchat is updated. Stride technically still has not been released. This is a before release version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events