Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride on Confluence Performance and Stability Issues

Jeff Clarke March 23, 2018

We are running the cloud instance of Jira/Confluence and I installed Stride yesterday. I've been trying to get a stable video meeting going since that time. This morning I finally was able to get video in a meeting but not for long. Shortly after starting the video stopped updating. I am also not able to share anything as we get errors on both ends about the plugin, yet we aren't seeing any plugins to install.
I am hoping we are just missing something here but so far this seems like it's not the easiest to get going which would not work for my customers. Does anyone have any experience they can share? Maybe we haven't done everything?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2018

Hi Jeff! Welcome to Stride!

Since our team started Beta a couple of months ago, I've been making a dedicated effort to put it through all the testing I can.

When we are using 1:1 video conferences, the stability is great. However, we recently tested Stride with our 8-person team and found that we were having so many issues. It really seemed like Stride couldn't handle the load. 

Are you currently using 1:1 or are you holding these meetings with multiple users? Can you provide examples of the error message you're seeing?

We were doing a 1:1 test. I had tried several times yesterday and got stuck at the reloading text on the page and then we get that sharing plugin cant be loaded or video plugin can't be loaded. Today we got it to work briefly. I could hear my team member and he could see me but on the other end I could hear him but could not see an updated live view of him. I went out and came back in and could never reconnect.

So far it's been very unreliable. Not something I would be able to release to my users.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2018

Do you have the application installed on your desktop or are you using the web version? 

We are using the web version. Our confluence/jira instance is all cloud based

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2018

I would recommend trying a different browser to start with, disabling any adblock apps, and trying again. 

Second recommendation is to install the stride application for desktop and see if that works better. You do not need a server instance to run the desktop client. It's like using AIM on the web vs on your desktop.

Jeff Clarke March 26, 2018

I've installed the desktop app this morning. I will test this out today and see how it goes. I've tried multiple browsers as well with the same experience. firefox seems to be a bit better than IE or Chrome. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

Morning Jeff! 

Hope your desktop application worked a bit better than the web version. Any luck?

Jeff Clarke April 3, 2018

Actually yes in a 1:1 test with the desktop application we were able to successfully use the product. So that was a start. I have a long way to go before I can justify using this on a larger scale but it was a start. :)
Thank you for your help.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

That's great! So glad that you were able to test that answer and get it working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events