Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride fails to access my microphone, says "Permission not granted" in meeting settings

Dietmar_Haffner May 7, 2018

Since the latest update of either Stride or Windows (1803),  whenever I start or join a Stride meeting,  it complains "Failed to access your microphone" and displays me as "muted".

If I open the meeting config (gear symbol),  it shows "Permission not granted" next to the "microphone" setting.

I'm using a Sennheiser USB headset that works flawlessly with Skype etc. and did so with Stride also.  Until recently,  that is.

I cannot tell,  if this problem appeared after updating Windows or after updating Stride.  The first time I used Stride after updating Windows to 1803,  Stride immediately told me "we've got an update for you" and updated itself.

Anybody else seen this problem?

3 answers

0 votes
Helso eral March 15, 2021

yes its not a good thing because I also faced this issue in my microphone so many times please guide me about it 

0 votes

Sorry, wrong field

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Dietmar, 

In order to better understand the issue you are experiencing and to try to replicate on our end, I appreciate if you could let us know the following details:

1. Stride desktop app version
  2. Is the issue only happening with Sennheiser's USB headset? Does it work if you try to use a different headphone? 
  3. Can you try to log in to the Stride web app version and confirm if the issue persists? 

Thank you!

Stride app says it's version 1.17.82

Sorry,  don't currently have any other headset or microphone available.

With the Stride web app in Firefox 59.0.3 (64-bit) the headset works fine after allowing access to the microphone.  Screen sharing doesn't work,  though.

Web app doesn't work at all in Chrome 66.0.3359.139 64-bit (page reloads endlessly),  Edge or IE (says: "Not supported").

The problem with the microphone in the desktop app still persists.  Hoped it would go away after allowing microphone access in Firefox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events