It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stride fails to access my microphone, says "Permission not granted" in meeting settings

Since the latest update of either Stride or Windows (1803),  whenever I start or join a Stride meeting,  it complains "Failed to access your microphone" and displays me as "muted".

If I open the meeting config (gear symbol),  it shows "Permission not granted" next to the "microphone" setting.

I'm using a Sennheiser USB headset that works flawlessly with Skype etc. and did so with Stride also.  Until recently,  that is.

I cannot tell,  if this problem appeared after updating Windows or after updating Stride.  The first time I used Stride after updating Windows to 1803,  Stride immediately told me "we've got an update for you" and updated itself.

Anybody else seen this problem?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Dietmar, 

In order to better understand the issue you are experiencing and to try to replicate on our end, I appreciate if you could let us know the following details:

1. Stride desktop app version
  2. Is the issue only happening with Sennheiser's USB headset? Does it work if you try to use a different headphone? 
  3. Can you try to log in to the Stride web app version and confirm if the issue persists? 

Thank you!

Stride app says it's version 1.17.82

Sorry,  don't currently have any other headset or microphone available.

With the Stride web app in Firefox 59.0.3 (64-bit) the headset works fine after allowing access to the microphone.  Screen sharing doesn't work,  though.

Web app doesn't work at all in Chrome 66.0.3359.139 64-bit (page reloads endlessly),  Edge or IE (says: "Not supported").

The problem with the microphone in the desktop app still persists.  Hoped it would go away after allowing microphone access in Firefox.

Sorry, wrong field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,843 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you