Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stride early access on mobile but not desktop

We are currently setting up Jira and Confluence, and need a communication tool to go along with it. I'd originally planned to set up Slack but saw that Stride was pending release so tried to access the early release of it so we could evaluate/ultimately use it if we were happy.

I was able to set up the admin settings and configure everything per instructions however when I try and access it through the desktop browser, I get a "something slipped up" message.

But - I can access the channels and other users via the mobile app.

Does anyone else have this same situation / know how to resolve? I need to make a decision in the next week between Stride and Slack, and without seeing the full desktop of Stride, I can't fairly decide.

1 answer

Hi Caitlin - we're excited you're trying out Stride!  We can definitely help you sort out any issues. 

A few questions: 

* what browser & operating system are you using when you see the error? 

* if you install one of the desktop apps (stride.com/downloads) do they also fail in the same way or are you successful there? 

Thanks - 

Hi Esteban,

It is definitely a browser issue, I've worked out. I can use it fine in Chrome on a Mac, and fine in IE on a PC, but not on the Firefox instance I'm using, so I'll need to look into that from my end. The good news is, it's not a Stride install issue!

I've downloaded the app and that works fine too, so I think at this point we can probably close/resolve this as there's enough other options available to me.

Thank you

Caitlin

The release of Firefox "Quantum" has broken quite a few sites in "interesting" ways.  Whether it's Atlassian code or Firefox code that is broken this time is up for debate...

goldsmith Atlassian Team Jan 17, 2018

Thank you Caitlin for letting us know. 

(I didn't realize i was posting with one of my test accounts until after I hit submit, sorry - I work for Atlassian on Stride/Hipchat). 

Thanks Steve!

So the next question is - I have in-principle approval to proceed with Stride, so how do we arrange to move our team onto it? Is there someone I can discuss this with?

Thanks!

Hey Caitlin,

Regarding getting your team in Stride -- I'll reach out to you directly on the Support ticket we have open for you.

Cheers,

Blair | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,877 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you