Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride - Launch on Windows startup

Dan November 29, 2017

I'm not finding a way for Stride to launch at Windows startup.  We've used HipChat for years and it has an option to launch with Windows.  Is that same option available somewhere within Stride?  I've checked Settings and there's nothing related to that.

I'm running Desktop Version 1.7.16

Thanks!

Dan Sweeney - Melco 

11 answers

10 votes
Gary_Schellhas February 12, 2018

You will need to add the Startup Shortcut to your startup folder:

• Right click the stride Icon in the start menu and click Open File Location. Leave this window open.
  • press the Windows Logo Key + R, type shell:startup, and then select OK.
  • Now Copy and paste the Stride Shortcut from the first folder into the Startup Folder.

Now it should start with Windows

BeheerderXS February 12, 2018

tnx Gary, I managed this Windows-workaround in the meantime also, but it isn't practical in the Enterprise. In Hipchat, this was an option to check.

And best situation would IMHO be that Stride is not opened with the GUI default, but only in the background.

Janos April 13, 2018

I totally agree BeheerderXS. It is embarrassing for a communication tool not to have that option. Communication starts with the users using the communication tool. The tool must have the option to start automatically, otherwise half of the staff will forget to start it.

3 votes
BeheerderTrial December 6, 2017

Same question here

ajay Upadhyay February 22, 2018

i wanted to install stride in windows xp how can i installed

1 vote
Andrew Stickler January 25, 2018

+1

1 vote
Dunc January 8, 2018

Same question here.

0 votes
Jacky October 4, 2018

now the option is available :)

C Turner October 6, 2018

Yip, hooray!

But just in time for it to be replaced by Slack. :/ Oh well!

Andrew Stickler October 6, 2018

What was the point of fixing that? Even if Stride has a reprieve, we have gone - who hasn't?

0 votes
Sergey Neskhodovskiy June 18, 2018

+1 I was surprised to not have this option

0 votes
Gabriel Voigt June 6, 2018

+1, this is essential. 

0 votes
C Turner June 5, 2018

+1 Really is quite baffling that an enterprise-grade product such as this has no native "Start with Windows" option in its settings menu. Starting via shell:startup is not only unnecessarily clunky, but as other users have observed, results in a window popping up every time rather than it just starting neatly in the background (like certain other chat tools do). And for some reason, setting the Windows shortcut to 'Start minimised' doesn't work (for me at least).

0 votes
Bruno Beaudoin May 25, 2018

Me too, already voted for STRIDE-37 AND STRIDE-1838 for this upgrade

0 votes
Marvin Bätzel March 2, 2018

+1

0 votes
Ramiro Blanco January 25, 2018

Mee too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders