Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride Integration With Confluence & JIRA - Understanding Better

Karl November 8, 2017

Hoping somebody could outline what the Stride / Confluence and Stride / JIRA integrations will look and feel like. What types if things will you be able to do in Stride and the related applications in the Atlassian stack? What would be some common use cases for these integrations? Just trying to better understand how these integrations are envisioned to be used.

If you are live with Stride now, is there any integration with Confluence or JIRA that can be utilized now. I'm not seeing anything, but I may be overlooking something.

Thanks in advance!

8 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi everyone!

A partner of ours, nextup.ai, has shipped an integration between Jira Server and Stride that lets you create, edit, query and track issues from Stride and get notified when things change in Jira. We've been really impressed with the app so far.

It is a paid app with free trial via the Atlassian Marketplace. Here is the Marketplace listing for the app. Note that you need to be a Jira administrator to install and configure it.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi all,

Since apps are now available in the Atlassian Marketplace for Stride, I'm closing this question. 

Today the following integrations with Atlassian products are supported and ready to use today: Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket Cloud, Trello, Statuspage. You will see more features coming to these integrations in the months to come (especially for Jira Cloud). We're now working actively on integrations with the Server versions of the products, starting with Jira (with Confluence and Bitbucket following). 

Cheers,
Tanguy

Tom Wolf April 3, 2018

Tanguy - thanks for the post. Can you provide a time frame for when Stride will integrate with Jira Server, followed by Bitbucket and Confluence? We are actively evaluating this new tool, but those Server integrations are critical to supporting our teams.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2018

Hi @Tom Wolf, the Jira Server integration is about to enter beta soon, so depending on the features you need you might be able to use it in the next month or so. Confluence and Bitbucket will follow - unfortunately I cannot really give you a date for these, but rest assured we are working on them.

Veve April 27, 2018

Hi @Tanguy Crusson, could you please tell us something about the coming features? The only integration so far is that notifications are sent to a channel, which is not much - it's a lot less than can be done with 3rd party tools, and we are trying to decide if it's worth the wait.

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2018

Hey @Veve - For Jira Server, the initial version (currently in beta) will just send notifications from Jira Server to Stride. We will add additional features like link unfurling & creation of a room sometime after. Since Jira Server is typically installed behind a firewall, and Stride is a cloud product, there are some implications with having two way communication that is required for some Jira <-> Stride features like link unfurling. Since we want to get these apps in your hands as soon as possible, we've decided to release notifications first, and then follow up shortly after with additional features. Hope this helps! - Trevor

2 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Hi All,

We are continuing to update our apps all the time, but here are a couple descriptions of the ones you mentioned:

• Confluence: Add Confluenceto your Stride conversations so your team can keep up with their Confluencespace and see page updates as they happen. After you've installed the app, just mention @Confluence to fast-track your work.
  • Jira: Add Jira to your Stride conversations so your team can keep up with their Jira project and see ticket updates as they happen. After you've installed the app, just mention @Jira to fast-track your work.
Karl December 7, 2017

@lauren - Can you confirm that these features are NOT options currently, but something that is still pending release. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a currently-available option, as I currently do not see an option to install apps / integrations in Stride.

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Yes, that is correct. These will be available in the Stride Early Access program in the next couple weeks, but they are not there right now. 

Nicolas Bihan December 13, 2017

Great, the Jira, Bitbucket. and Confluence integrations or lack off are the things that was just too limiting for proper evaluation and switching from HipChat.

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2017

Hi Nicolas - I think I'm not understanding you correctly, the confluence integration isn't good enough to consider Stride? What are you looking for from the Confluence integration that isn't listing in the description I posted above?

Nicolas Bihan December 18, 2017

I just said that if there is no integration my team can't move from HipChat.

Dan December 29, 2017

@lauren we are using Stride Early Access and I do not see the Stride <-> Jira integrations in Jira add ons. I only see Confluence and it's installed via the Confluence admin panel... very inconsistent and confusing how this is being rolled out and I see many others here equally as confused. Without integrations, stride is just another chat tool and not worth evaluating for any of our use cases. Looking forward to the upgrade when it's launched! Thanks for any info as to when that will occur :)

David Holman January 11, 2018

I agree with these criticisms 💯

HipChat was a mostly unimpressive product, but it worked because of the Atlassian suite integration (along with some other webhooks we added). Launching Stride (even in closed beta) without these key features just makes it feel like a bad copy of Slack.

On that last point, this beta has convinced no less than half of my team that we need to ditch Stride and HipChat and just go with Slack. Even the free version with it's limitations would be better for us due to the copious amount of integrations.

David Holman January 11, 2018

1 hr later, the word comes down from our SVP: ditch HipChat and Stride and go all in with Slack.

Veve January 12, 2018

Yep, the current thing can hardly be called integration...

David Holman January 12, 2018

So I came back today thinking I should really give the apps a spin before I bail on Stride. Give Atlassian one more chance.

I now have access to Apps, which brought up a lovely little panel with the available options. I chose the Jira app, confirmed our URL, tried to connect ... 404.

😞

See ya later Stride. Slack, here I come.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

Jira takes a while to deploy - around half an hour generally.  Last time I created one, it warned me of that (but it's been a while and I don't know if you missed it because they've removed it or made it less obvious)

A little bit of patience would have paid off.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Yes, we've had Jira up and running for a year. And I'm a full account admin, so no permissions issues (not that a 404 error would be an adequate error for permissions issues).

For the record, you'd be crazy to bother with Stride if you weren't already on the Atlassian suite. You can save a few bucks and the remote screen control is nifty, but Slack is so far superior it's almost embarrassing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

You didn't really read what I said.  There's a 404 because there was no server there.  You didn't give it time to build.

Nicolas Bihan January 12, 2018

@David HolmanIs your Jira instance a cloud instance?

When I did the setup for Jira integration, I had access to it without any wait time.

@Nicolas Bihan Yes, we're on cloud. 

2 votes
Markus Oberndoerfer November 28, 2017

I am also curious about the integration with Confluence and Jira.

Will it be possible to link a Jira issue with the related slice of discussion of the development team? Can I show the action items from a chat on a confluence page using a certain makro? Can I write a meeting schedule in Confluence and link to the meetings in Stride? Would it be possible to initiate a retrospective meeting in Stride starting from the Agile board, when I close a sprint?

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2017

Hi Markus,

It would be great if you could submit those suggestions here! https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa

Claudio Saucedo January 4, 2018

Happy new year guys!

Hope you don't mind my post. I would love to get your feedback on a Bot we just launched which integrates with Jira.

It is a bot that enables daily standup's with your team in a room and connected to your backlog.

Let me know your thoughts :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/standbot-3d80d0a8-5099-4b0d-a650-aa5d3e92ee50/cloud/overview

Stéphane Veraart (Devoteam) February 15, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.56.51.png

@lauren: where can I report issues? I don't have access to your Jira project, obviously but I want to report that diacritics aren't displayed consistently.

Karl February 15, 2018

@Stéphane - You can report any issues for any Atlassian products here - https://support.atlassian.com/

1 vote
Mike Saunt December 18, 2017

Seems like integration is there now in stride to bitbucket, JIRA and Confluence

Nicolas Bihan December 18, 2017

Did you have to setup anything in the admin console?

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2017

Hi Nicolas, 

No, you don't have to setup anything. We are rolling out Stride apps slowly, you should get access soon. 

@Mike Saunt would love your feedback on the app we launched in December ;)

A bot to help do daily standup's that connects to Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/standbot-3d80d0a8-5099-4b0d-a650-aa5d3e92ee50/cloud/overview

Karl January 5, 2018

@Claudio Saucedo - Would love to look at it, but Stride does not appear to let us install it / add the bot. I'm the admin of our cloud instance. This is the message presented after clicking the Get It Now button on your bot in the Marketplace.

! Access to Apps

It looks like you don't have access to apps. To learn more, email strideapi@atlassian.com

Nicolas Bihan January 5, 2018

Same here can't look at it.

Seems like this is going to be a challenge to find people to test it.

Claudio Saucedo January 9, 2018

Got it. The installation of apps is not available to all. But hopefully soon ;)

Veve January 10, 2018

@Lauren Harrison how are we going to know when we get our access to integration? Will we receive an email? As the integration is pretty much the whole point of our trying Stride, we are not using it now, but I'm not even sure what I should be looking for when I log in.

Nicolas Bihan January 10, 2018

@Veve We just got the integration and it just appears in the Stride app.

You will see a new icon in the right gutter to be able to add apps to the Rooms.

Veve January 11, 2018

@Nicolas BihanThanks a bunch, I found it.

It's so very far from what we hoped for...

0 votes
Dennis Riedel December 6, 2017

I navigated using "Help and feedback" - "Stride admin" to "Discover applications" and installed Jira. After the setup no visible change to the interface has happened. No new categories/options on the right panel, as one might expect after seeing the video mentioned above.

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2017

Hi Dennis, 

There aren't any apps available in Stride yet. I'm not sure what you installed, but you won't see anything because they aren't available yet. 

Dennis Riedel December 13, 2017

Hi Lauren,

I am on the Stride Alpha (?)/Beta (?) (afaik) and there I navigated as described above. So maybe I just have a Jira test environment now without any connect to Stride, I guess.

Any date yet on when to expect the integration of these apps?

Thank you and best regards,

Dennis

0 votes
Karl November 30, 2017

Atlassian Team - Any input on the vision / use cases for these integration? Clearly there is some vision / intention, as some integrations (Apps?) were visible in this product demonstration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLXCTbVPSw.

0 votes
Mike Saunt November 26, 2017

Hi Karl

I've a question you may be able to answer as you've been using stride. 

Do Stride Actions show up inside confluence tasks?

Seems a fundamental.

Thanks

Mike

Karl November 27, 2017

@Mike Saunt - I wish I could answer, but I can't. The integrations are not available yet. I think they are calling them "Apps". I'm very curious to see how that type of integration / plumbing will work too. The best hint I can find to date is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLXCTbVPSw at about the 29:00 mark in the video.

Let me know if I can do a DEMO on how an app works :)

Posted about a bot we launched in an earlier thread.

Regards.

Claudio.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events