Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride Free Version not available in Discover Applications

Rod McWilliams March 7, 2018

Hello,

I wish to take advantage of Stride Free version offered here:

https://www.stride.com/pricing

However, after following the directions on the site to add Stride to our current Jira cloud instance, there was no option to choose it in the "Discover Applications" section in System Admin.

There were options for other Atlassian products listed/offered, but Stride was not one of them.

Can someone please advise how I connect Stride to my Cloud account?

cheers

Rod

3 answers

1 vote
Chloe March 12, 2018

Hi Rod, I had the same question with you in this community and @Blair at Atlassian helped to open an official issue for it.

Please vote and watch this issue if you are interested. :)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Stride is out now. I can’t access the instructions as I already have stride so it stops me at the beginning of the “try it free” process. TBH I don’t recall even having to go into discover applications for the process but it has been awhile. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

Hmm.. I did not hear that Stride is officially out.. It is out on early access that is true, and for all that use HipChat, everyone is waiting for info to upgrade to Stride, but is not coming yet. At least I did not receive any info ...

Can I evaluate Stride?

Yes, we'll be releasing Stride to the world soon! If you're new to both HipChat and Stride, sign up for our early access waitlist now, and we'll let you know as soon as we're ready for you to get in the product and try it out. In the meantime, check out our How It Works page for an in-depth look at Stride.

If you're currently a HipChat Cloud admin, please visit our Upgrade FAQs for important info on demoing.

How do I get my team started on Stride?

If you already have a Hipchat Cloud account, the admin of your team will receive an email invitation with details on upgrading your team over to Stride. If you're an admin, check out our Upgrade FAQs for more info.

If you're new to Stride, you will be able to create an account, invite your teammates, and start taking advantage of everything Stride has to offer soon. For now, sign up for our early access waitlist so you get first dibs.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2018

Could be wrong but that is what I heard at the Austin Team Tour event yesterday. the site stride.com doesn't indicate trial and they upgraded my instance of hipchat to stride this past weekend. Maybe they are simply upgrading folks on a schedule. 

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2018

If Atlassian upgraded that is fine.. but IMHO it is different from asking for a new account which did not get off sandbox version that will be removed later. There is some confusion around that, but I did not saw any official info that Stride is fully working and everyone will be upgrade. You still decide when you want to upgrade. HipChat will not be removed yet. Maybe in next couple of months, or a year even..

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2018

Stride did not get out officially from early access yet. Not sure when the release date will be but from the link you can subscribe to a program, then you wait for invitation email. Once you get it you will be able to test it for free.

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2018

Hi Rod,

Blair here from Atlassian Support. Is your Atlassian Cloud on Annual billing? If so, this is the reason you're not seeing Stride in the Discover Applications section of the admin console; Stride for Annual billing is coming soon! However, we can help you with this now! Please feel free to open a Stride support ticket and mention this Community post -- we'll be happy to get your team in Stride!

Cheers,

Blair | Atlassian

Rod McWilliams March 8, 2018

Thanks Blair. I have raised the ticket as you suggested

Rod McWilliams March 8, 2018

And yes, it is annual billing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events