It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Stride Admin Controls in Sandbox?

I have our early access environment setup and added some users, however I don't see any admin controls.  When will this feature be available?

4 answers

They do say all private rooms will be suddenly opened to your entire organization as soon as they're migrated so they're probably trying to deprecate any and all access control features.

Insta-move to Slack if that's the case.

Jessie Atlassian Team Nov 02, 2017

@Tim Howe @T - Jessica from the Stride team here. Sorry for the confusion here! Private rooms will not be made public at anytime. If a room is private in Hipchat, it will remain private in Stride. No exception.

Thanks!

Jessica

@Jessie_  That doesn't answer my initial question.  When will admin controls be available in the beta?  I can't migrate without knowing what controls are available.

@Jessie_what about this?

If your team had private rooms within HipChat Cloud, they will now find those rooms manageable by anyone in the room in Stride. This means that any room member can change the name, topic, and invite new users to the room.

@Tlooks like I misremembered the plan slightly. Regardless I'm pretty sure this means the answer to your question is "never". Interesting that Atlassian never answered your question (all your comments pointing that out have been deleted, by the way).

They did that to me when I asked if their promise to support all HipChat features in Stride includes XMPP (a currently supported method many customers depend on).  Eventually they returned them and said it was the spam filter.

Jessie Atlassian Team Nov 06, 2017

@T Right now, our admin controls are the same as the ones you will see in your Atlassian admin dashboard. You have the ability to invite and remove members from your team at anytime. We will be adding more controls in the coming months. What features are most important to you?

Monique vdB Community Manager Nov 06, 2017

@T I don't see any of your comments in the spam quarantine right now. Have they been restored or is this still an issue?

@Jessie_ At a minimum I should have the exact same controls I have in HipChat administration.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/administering-hipchat-server-622985653.html

As far as I can see 95% of this is missing from Stride.

Ideally this functionality would be expanded to include things like:

Attachment auditing by user, keyword

Attachment retention control at a global and room level

Attachment prevention control at the room level

Ability to direct event logs externally (syslog, sumologic, papertrail)

Guest access control at the room level

MFA support/enforcement using Google Auth and SMS

@Monique vdB  No my previous comment has not been restored.  All it said was basically "please answer the original question, not one asked in response to it".

Monique vdB Community Manager Nov 06, 2017

That's very odd. If you find yourself unable to post here, email communitymanagers@atlassian.com and I can help troubleshoot.  

Did you get an error or did the post just disappear?

@Monique vdB  Disappeared.

I checked the spam for anything by Taylor and Tim earlier today, and I found one message that I un-spammed, but it was just one (Taylor's I think)

@Jessie_ Any update on this?

So is it safe to say enterprise admin controls and security are not a focus in Stride development?

I'll take that as a yes.  #helloSlack

@Jessie_ @Monique vdB any update on plans for advanced admin controls?  Figured I'd ask one last time before we start our transition to MS Teams.

Monique vdB Community Manager Feb 21, 2018

@lauren may be able to get an answer for you, @T. Pinging her!

lauren Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2018

@T there are some more admin controls coming in Q3, but we still won't be at parity with Teams in terms of total admin features. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,871 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you