State of project - Restrictions on Stride API and removed features from HipChat

Patryk Padus February 20, 2018

We need official list of API Restrictions and removed features with exist right now on HipChat for 2018 year.

What we know:

From source:

What if I want to move back to HipChat?

Starting soon, we will begin to upgrade all HipChat Cloud teams to Stride. You are welcome to continue to use your HipChat Cloud instance until you upgrade. After upgrading, HipChat Cloud will remain in 'read-only' mode so that you can reference your API configuration in HipChat Cloud and receive integration notifications for those apps that are not yet in Stride.

Will Stride have all the same features as HipChat Cloud?

Yes, Stride will have many of the features you loved in HipChat Cloud and much more.

Last modified on Nov 6, 2017

XMPP - not supported

https://confluence.atlassian.com/stride-documentation/what-s-next-938639408.html

What we don't know:

"Many" isn't exact number and don't say WHAT features we talking about.
Path migration from Slack to Stride, Guest Mode, Customization of user/company profile (what kind of), visible other formats right in chat (svg for example), what security is added on chat protocol (this can be nice marketing point!)

PS. Spam in Jira Stride - pleas check it ASAP. Same as not responded new issues with exist so long - need cleanup state of project.

2 answers

0 votes
Gavin Brown March 20, 2018

Yes I would be interested in seeing the same.

I, perhaps foolishly, assumed all the functionality we have in HipChat would be the base for Stride, but this doesn't seem the case?

From what I can see, from comments from those organisations already migrated to Stride, some of the HipChat features are missing. So, I'm partly glad I don't have the option to migrate to Stride yet, as it seems it would be a step back.

So; I would love to see a side by side comparison of functionality between HipChat and Stride so we know what we're letting ourselves in for.

Thanks

0 votes
Telbot February 22, 2018

What is the source cited?  Have features been removed from HipChat API in the last 48 hours?  

Patryk Padus March 19, 2018

Its about Migration from HipChat to Stride and what you miss :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events