It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Setting User Permissions

Is there a way to limit user permission within Stride?

I want to be able to assign new users to private discussions, but I don't want them to be able to invite anyone else to the discussion, or even see who else is using the platform.

I just need private 1:1 discussion windows.

Thanks!

-TIm

1 answer

0 votes
TheSavage Atlassian Team May 10, 2018

Hey, @Tim Youngs. We currently do not provide any mechanisms for an admin to have full control over a room.

But, from your last comment it seems like you are looking for a private conversation with another person. We absolutely have private 1:1 conversations – no one but you and your colleague will ever have access or visibility into these. All you need to do is open a conversation (not a room) with the person you'd like chat with and you're all set!

Let me know if I misunderstood or you need any assistance.

–Cameron

what??? you currently do not provide any mechanisms for an admin to have full control over a room...and when you think to do it ??? give to an admin full control of a room is the first very important thing in a system like stride...we are still waiting...but you are too slow guys!

Agreed! I had to go with Basecamp for my team instead of Stride since they have full admin controls.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,817 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you