Pop-up notices no longer 'stick' as they did in HipChat

Michael De La Rosa February 5, 2018

With HipChat, there was a setting that allowed the pop-up notices when you received a new messages to 'stick' on your screen until you responded to it.  Several of us had requested this feature for months and Atlassian finally fixed it to make it work that way.

But now, looks like Stride has reverted backwards so that these pop-up notices only appear on the screen for a few seconds, so unless you keep going back to the main Stride application screen, you won't know that you have a new message.

Please fix this to work like HipChat or allow us to go back to HipChat until this gets fixed.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

Hiya Michael! It's not possible right now to make notifications stick, we have a feature request for this here - STRIDE-1720

I'd also encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. Also we would appreciate your feedback on the feature, you can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket, this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.

Let me know if you have any questions! :) 

Michael De La Rosa February 8, 2018

I just don't understand this. 

Many users lobbied for this feature for months with HipChat and you finally added it.  So now that you have ditched HipChat for a 'supposedly' better program, why would you regress by taking this feature out and now make everyone go through the lobbying process again to get it back in.  This just seems to be a backward thinking mentality since you are supposed to be making a BETTER product by ADDING to an existing product that you already had, but instead you are taking away functionality that the previous product already had. It just seems to be the old 'one step forward, two steps back' routine.

Why can't someone higher up the chain there just admit that you screwed up and get this feature added back right away.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events