Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Users vs Free Users

Brittany Boucher April 18, 2018

I am very very new here and couldn't find any other way to ask this question.

If I become a paid user so I can get the unlimited file sharing and messaging, can I still connect to free users?

Also, my organization is looking at using this site to collaborate with individuals outside of the company. I would need to ability to connect to an unlimited number of users and be able to upload many files and save messages. If I pay for my account can I share files and stuff with non-paid for members?

Thanks!

Brittany

3 answers

1 vote
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

@Brittany Boucher, welcome to the community!

Stride's license is done at the Instance (top) level. So all users would either be Free or Standard.

In short, you can't become a standard user yourself within Stride while keeping everyone Free. Its either everyone is Free or everyone is Standard.

Source: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/stride

Thank you so much for the quick response! And this is more of what I was getting at.

If I was paid for could others in my organization stay free since I would be the only admin for our Room, or would we all need to pay?

Within my direct organization there is only about 5 of us that would really use this tool, but we are looking at reaching out and trying to connect with hundreds if not thousands of users. Our goal is to create an ecosystem where people are coming up with ideas and collaborating with each other in an open environment that we can still control.

Thank you again for your help!

Sincerely,

Brittany

0 votes
Mike June 6, 2018

We're looking for something similar. In HipChat you could share a link with a person and they could join the room through the web. This was really nice for working with someone on a temporary basis, particularly with customers.

How do you do this in Stride without paying for ever user?

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Hey Brittany,

You can still connect with free users as far as I am aware. You paying for the service does not isolate you to only chatting with paid users. Do you have Stride installed as a personal tool? 

Stride can also be purchased at an organization level and includes payments per user. 

Stride Licensing information can be found here, including what's available on the free plan:

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/stride

Thank you for the quick response! I will check out the licensing information and determine what is best for us. :-)

I really appreciate the help!

Sincerely,

Brittany

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events