Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

John Joyce February 5, 2018

I'm sure this may have been asked before and therefore someone can point me in the right direction...

We're evaluating Stride right now and I'm unclear on the notifications side of things.

Am I right in saying:

• You can't add sound notification?
  • The only visible notification you can see is in the browser tab above the address bar

If this is correct then if I wasn't looking at my browser, how am I to know that there's a new mention or message that I need to see?

Any guidance appreciated

Cheers

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Hi,

if you install the Stride App, there will be a notification overlay in the taskbar icon: image.png

According to the Stride settings, you can add a sound notification:

image.png

John Joyce February 5, 2018

Thanks a lot Thomas, that's most helpful.

About 2 minutes after I posted this I saw that there was a desktop app which my team and I have installed and that's much better.  For other users viewing this thread, you can find the desktop app here:

https://www.stride.com/downloads

Thanks again for your reply Thomas.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

You're welcome, @John Joyce

If you think, your question is answered, please mark it with the checksign. With such a marker, other user can find answered questions more easy.

Thank you

Ron Wangelin February 12, 2018

I converted from Hipchat to Stride today. Hipchat seemed to have more notification options. On Hipchat any messages sent to me when I was offline would be sent to my email or texted to my phone. That way I would not miss anything important.  How can I do this with Stride? 

Also, in Hipchat I could modify the Settings to keep a new message window open indefinitely. In Stride it disappears after a few seconds. How can I change this too?

Overall.. I like Stride but it seems to have fewer Settings for Notifications. 

0 votes
Nino Enukidze November 10, 2023

Hello,

If you want to enable browser notification for Jira, our add-on might be the best solution for you, it works with several browsers, portal customers can receive notifications, and has a simple configuration.

for more details, you can view the article.

Also, if you have some questions regarding the application, please get in touch with us using our service desk.

BR,

Nino

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Alexey,

I would recommend reaching out to our Support team.

You can contact them here - https://support.atlassian.com/stride/

Thank you!

0 votes
AM March 1, 2018

I have Sride  Desktop Version 1.11.96 installed on my Mac (Mac OS Siera 10.13.3)

I am receiving  neither sound notification nor pop-up.

Can someone advice me what to do?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

@AM Please post a new question. Do not ask new questions in old threads. Such "Comment Questions" will not get as much attention as a new one.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events