Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications In Stride

Ron Wangelin February 14, 2018

I just converted from Hipchat to Stride. I have two questions in regards to notifications. 

1. Emails or Texts - Hipchat would have a setting to send a message to your email or cell if you are off line. It was nice to not miss important messages. Can Stride do this? I can't find it in settings. 

2. Pop Up Notifications - Hipchat had a setting where you could have the pop-up window on new messages stay open until you clicked on it. The pop-ups for Stride disappear after a few seconds. Same question... Can Stride do this? I can't find it in settings. 

If anyone know I would really really appreciate some help or answers. Thank you. 

3 answers

3 votes
Gerhard Spari March 5, 2018

Hello,

until when can we expect the email-notifications?

It's very frustrating that a key-functionality - making sure, that messages don't get missed - is not available anymore in Stride (compared to Hipchat). The whole point of Stride is efficient communication within teams - but since we moved from Hipchat to Stride we have time and again situation where messages are being missed, because the whole notification-concept is obviously not sufficient. In fact our teams are not using Stride as much anymore and go back to emails (!) because there they are sure information will not be lost.

regards
Gerhard

FNU Maira May 14, 2018

oh

1 vote
TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Hey, @Ron Wangelin. Thanks for reaching out! In both cases, you are not missing a setting, Stride does not have those functionality (yet).

1. We do not have plans at this time to support SMS, but we will be bringing Email notification support your way in the near future.

2. Stride also does not support this behavior, but we are looking into it based on your feedback. I have no answer for you other than I see the value in the use case, and we're working hard to weigh all feedback against one another to bring the most value to the most people the fastest we can!

Ron Wangelin February 20, 2018

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for the response.

1. Notifications - Getting an email notification would resolve most of issue #1 for my team even if we can't get SMS.  Is there a timeline for this?

2.  Pop Ups - Thank you for adding it to the feeback. 

Stride has some nice new features, but I'm a little disappointed all of the Hipchat things didn't transfer. Thanks for considering them. 

Ron 

Lloyd Warren March 5, 2018

Our organization would really like the option to keep messages focused option re added. Overall this application is very disappointing. It's missing a lot of features of hipchat. In the future don't force us to something new that isn't complete.

Dave McDaniel April 25, 2018

Hello,

We are very much missing the email notifications as well, please update us with the release date for this feature.

Also, with hipchat the little icon on my taskbar (running Awesome WM on Linux) would display a little red conversation bubble over it if I had missed a message.  Stride is missing this feature as well.  I don't necessarily need the whole message to stay focused but if I could get a small indication of a missed message on the icon that would be great.

Stride does seem a little more modern in UI than HipChat but we are all missing these features that did not migrate over, and its starting to impact how we get work done.

Here is the icon I am referring to on taskbar, right beside a Dropbox indicator.

stride_icon.png

Thanks,

Dave

TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2018

@Ron Wangelin and @Dave McDaniel – I just wanted to follow up to make sure you saw that Email Notifications are coming your way! We're midway through a phased rollout to our customers, and you may already be receiving them now, but just to make sure to close the loop here :)

Officially tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-17

@Lloyd Warren – I apologize for not replying sooner. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "keep messages focused". Could you elaborate?

1 vote
WeNeedAPriest
Atlassian Team
February 16, 2018

Hi Ron,

Mac OS configuration for this. Go to System Preferences/Notifications, select Stride, choose "Alerts" for the alert style. The pop ups will then stay on screen until dismissed.

We're looking into possible solutions for Windows and Linux users. We will respond with more detail as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.

I would encourage you to vote and watch on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-76. This is a new feature request for pop-ups staying until focused in Windows.

Thank you,
Mark Priest

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events