No sounds for notifications in Stride on Windows?

Nancy G January 4, 2018

We are a three person firm that recently downloaded Stride. We are located in three different locations and none of us are able to hear sounds associated with notifications. Volume on PCs is up. Notifications in settings all checked. Can hear sounds associated with other programs. All three of us use Windows 7 or higher.

9 answers

0 votes
hans lehmann March 21, 2018

Same here.  Windows 7. Forced upgrade even though Hipchat (usually) worked fine.  Hipchat would at least flash in the task bar. Stride won't even do that.

0 votes
Adam Stilts March 14, 2018

Same issue here for my entire company that was upgraded last week.  No one is getting sound even though it's turned on.  Various Windows versions.

0 votes
Dr. Berglund March 4, 2018

I solved this... each room has 3 icons on top... one edit, one star, and one bell (notification).

I clicked on the bell and put all messages.  Then my message notifications I had in HipChat returned

Bryan Stevenson March 5, 2018

interesting and thanks....but individuals don't have those options like rooms do.  Still a problem

Michael De La Rosa March 5, 2018

I've got Windows 7 Pro and it still doesn't work even if you make the change you suggested.  This is a more pervasive issue with the software that Altassian is going to have to fix.

Octavio Tovar March 5, 2018

It doesn't work, I had tried that in the past and it doesn't work.

Bryan Stevenson March 5, 2018

I've seen the occasional notification bubble Ubuntu 16.04), but Stride has gone back to  the system notification bubbles instead of the HipCHat specific notifications that stayed up until you pressed "reply" or gave focus to HipChat and the person/room where the notice came from.  Going back to the old way for a new app is..well...backwards

0 votes
Bryan Stevenson March 1, 2018

Same issue on Ubuntu 16.04.

Amazingly horrible for a forced upgrade situation - would have hoped some testing would have occurred first to ensure the most basic part of IM is working - notifications.  Really unhappy about this Atlassian!

Bryan Stevenson March 22, 2018

Sigh - no updates from Atlassian here or in Stride-1989 and Stride-1990

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi all, 

We are currently investigating the reason sound notifications aren't working. The bug ticket can be tracked through https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-1989

Thank you!

0 votes
Mark Petronic February 26, 2018

Fresh install today because I had no choice - force auto-migrated from hipchat. But, I tried every thing I could think of to get sound notifications and no joy. Enabled notifications for all message in my chat room, checked Windows sound settings. I do see popup system tray notifications - just no sound which makes this app nearly useless right now. Hopefully this is some simple fix.

0 votes
Charlie Roger Candergart February 26, 2018

Hi, I also have this issue. 

I "Sometimes" get sounds on notifications, maybe if the window is minimized, all sound options enabled but totally quiet most of the time, excessive accounts of messages missed as a result.

Installed Stride for the first time today, problem came directly out of the box...

If this is a "Feature" then I want is an option to "ALWAYS" play sound on notifications, even if the window is chat window is focused.

/Charlie

0 votes
Octavio Tovar February 12, 2018

Same problem here, no sounds and missing messages.

Michael De La Rosa February 20, 2018

Ditto here as well.  This all worked great in HipChat, but since switching to Stride, all of the notifications are gone except for a brief pop-up that only lasts a couple of seconds.  So, if you're not looking at your screen the moment it comes through, there is no way to know you have a message unless you go and check the application.  This makes it just like email instead of 'instant' messaging like HipChat used to be.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro and everyone on our 11 person team is experiencing the same thing all on this same OS.

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Nancy,

That's not an issue that I've seen before, would you mind reaching to Support so that they can see what's going wrong for your team? 

Also might be worth double checking to make sure Windows isn't automatically adjusting the volume of Stride somehow. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Dr. Berglund February 12, 2018

I'm having the same trouble. No sounds. We're missing messages because our team members don't know when they're getting messages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events