Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Browser Notifications

Mathieu Daudelin July 16, 2020

Hi there! I’m wondering why your product doesn’t propose any other notification system than Email. Is there any ongoing improvement that would allow us to activate native browser notifications in the very near future? Any ETA? Not having this feature is crucial and honestly getting a bit annoying. Isn’t it rather surprising that a product as big as Jira hasn’t included that by default? I mean… all competitors have that, no?

Thank you for your attention.

2 answers

1 vote
Nino Kezherashvili November 10, 2023

Hello,

If you want to enable browser notification for Jira, our add-on might be the best solution for you, it works with several browsers, portal customers can receive notifications, and has a simple configuration.

for more details, you can view the article.

Also, if you have some questions regarding the application, please get in touch with us using our service desk.

BR,

Nino.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

I don't believe Atlassian are going to do this.  As the marketplace for browsers is widening and some of them don't bother with notifications, and Atlassian are looking at other ways of active reporting with more flexibility, aggregation and power, there's no real desire to look at them. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events