Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link JIRA Issue to Stride Room

Pete Harris February 7, 2018

Hi.

In our hipchat environment we create a room per JIRA issue (to which various sub tasks and related issues are also joined) which is then linked using the 'HipChat Discussions' link in the bottom right hand corner of each issue page. 

Is this Issue -> Room link to be supported in Stride?  The Project -> Room link is insufficiently granular for us.

Thanks

Pete

5 answers

4 votes
Michael O'Callaghan March 29, 2018

Guys we really would need form a JIRA TICKET -> Create stride room 
IN order for us to move over to STRIDE.

Our team use this feature all the time to discuss with ppl on tickets. It is an absolute must!

Can this be moved up the RM please?

Mike - an avid Atlassianian

0 votes
Nicholas Padilla June 26, 2018

I agree, this is something that has to work before making the commitment to move to Stride.  It does seem to hit most of the other markers, so overall - well done.

Nikolas June 26, 2018

Agreed - in general, its much easier to use all round, but continuing that particular feature will make it perfect! :) 

0 votes
Nikolas May 24, 2018

Yeah this is a must for us as well, it's extremely handy (and is the basis of most of our processes) to create a room in Hipchat from JIRA, and invite the users needing to look at that particular issue.  Seems very clunky and over complicated to do this in Stride

0 votes
Luis Ortiz February 15, 2018

Hi @Pete Harris We've created a bot that let's you update your work from JIRA issues in Stride.

It might be a helpful workaround? Check it out: 
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/standbot-3d80d0a8-5099-4b0d-a650-aa5d3e92ee50/cloud/overview

Raghu July 12, 2018

I just tried the bot, works well. I have a question though, do you store data in your environment?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

You can link Jira to a room by clicking the app icon on the right sidebar and add the JIRA plugin. Then you configure which project(s) you want to link.

Pete Harris February 7, 2018

Hi Jack. 

I want to link at the issue level rather than the project level as supported per current hipchat / JIRA integrations

Thanks

Nikolas May 24, 2018

same!

Michael O'Callaghan May 25, 2018

+1 here to please. We are using hipchat until this feature is present as it has become a critical feature for us.

Tim May 29, 2018

I could have sworn we had this appear briefly (and work perfectly) the other day, but just can't see it at all now.

Jira Cloud account.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2018

@Tim, Me as well. Thought I was losing my mind. Even answered a question in the Community about inability to hide it.

Irene Ryan June 18, 2018

Just migrated last weekend, was super excited about finally moving from hipchat to stride until we realised we can no longer create a room based on an epic. 

We also thought we were losing our minds because we could swear we tested it in a test account in the few weeks prior (around late may) @Tim

Our only hope is it's almost ready and will be re-released any day now.

Michael O'Callaghan June 19, 2018

I agree Irene. :)

We will not migrate until this feature is there. It is a must-have for us.

@[deleted] anyone listening?

Tim July 2, 2018

I checked back in our Stride evaluation instance, and this was definitely operational in the Cloud products for Jira Software and Service Desk between May 18 to May 21st - it was tested between two separate test projects in our Cloud instance (one Software, one Service Desk).

It created a Room and set a header message for the Issue it was initiated from along with a summary card below, with the header looking like this:

2018-05-21.JPG

Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but wanted to confirm for myself that I'd not dreamt this.

Like Irene Ryan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events