It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Leave notifications onscreen until addressed

Is there a way to have the onscreen notifications remain onscreen until the user addresses the notification like there was in HipChat? If you’re not paying attention or the sound is down, you could miss the notification. This was one of the features I liked about HipChat.

1 answer

0 votes
lauren Atlassian Team Jan 16, 2018

Hi Scott,

While we don't have plans to have that exact functionality in Stride, we do track unread messages in rooms and direct messages with the blue dot. 

If there are messages that you haven't read in a room, that blue dot will appear. And once you click into that room you should see a line that marks where all new message start. 

In the future, we will have more granular controls around marking specific messages as unread. 

As a former HipChat user, I really miss this feature and think it's a mistake to not incorporate it.  We have been expanding our users and the most common complaint I have heard is that it's easy to miss the messages.  The blue dot is far too subtle and easy to miss.  We never had a problem with missed messages in HipChat.

Agree with the sentiments here, the blue dot is very easy to miss.  We don't spend our entire day in Stride, so only see that blue dot when looking for it within the application.  This is our biggest disappointment so far with Stride.

This is the one issue that would have made our team decide to stay with HipChat if that would have been an option.  The option to have the notification is vital for urgent messages that need to be noticed and answered immediately.  Would put in a strong request to have this option back again, otherwise, we will consider checking out other messenger apps...

Thankyou!

I wholeheartedly agree with the other sentiments expressed here.  We held off from using HipChat for months until that feature was finally added after many others in a similar forum and via email to Atlassian had complained about this same frustration with the HipChat product.  Once it was finally added, we made the jump to HipChat and had it not been for the addition of this functionality to HipChat, I daresay we would have never used HipChat and would be using another product now.

Please Atlassian--  LISTEN to your users, and don't make us wait so long again to get this useful feature back in place!

I agree it is too hard to know if you have messages.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,871 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you