Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Bar Graph is not reflecting number of counts.

Manoj June 12, 2018

I have plotted number of issues in JIRA bar graph but it does not presenting the correct figure. 

For Instance, I have candidates 50 who has attended training in the month of Jan, 80 in the month of feb.

what i got to see is in JAN bar graph is giving figures as only 33 which is actually wrong and giving correct numbers in the month of feb.

Can anyone pls suggest me the solution, i would really appreciate your help. 

Thanks, M. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2018

We need more info. Can you provide the filter(s) used for the bar chart? Bar chart aside, what does the filter show since the chart is simply a reflection of the filter that defines it. 

Manoj June 17, 2018

Hello Jack,

I have filters like - month, counts of candidates, which is i am portraying in axis, i am getting desired number in Jan, feb, march, april but not in the month of may, however i have checked by data as well but still i am stuck with same result.

let me know if you need  more information. Thanks, M

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

If you are getting correct numbers in some months and not others then it is something in your filter that is causing this is suspect. Or it is correct and your expectations are askew. Please paste your filter into a reply so I can have a look. 

Manoj June 18, 2018

Thanks Jack, issues was in filter itself, and it is giving me correct data in bar. 

Thanks again for your replies.

one more thing to know,

I have uploaded some data in JIRA, how much time does it takes to reflect in eazybi graphs, as i got to know from Admin, it takes 2 to 3 hours, is that true or he is trying to be smart with me, as i m completely new in jira environment.

kindly suggest.

Thanks, M

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2018

I haven’t used easybi in a long time but it should be instantaneous I would think. Unless somehow it is setup to refresh on some schedule which would be odd. Regardless you should be able to assess by now give the 2 hrs are passed. 

Manoj June 19, 2018

Thanks Jack, yes 2 hours or more has been passed already but i i didn't see data plotted in graph, in the filter there are months filters (Jan-18, feb-18...july-18, Aug-18) listed and same created and configured using custom fields, when i tried to search and bookmark book mark the months it was not picked up. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2018

You simply need to copy the filter used and place into the Search issue JQL advanced search bar. If the issues in question are displayed there the the issue is with the BI setup. If they are not displayed in the filter view the it is with your filter. 

Manoj June 19, 2018

Thanks, i just checked and found that instead of Jul-18 it was tagged as July-18, now challenge is how to make it Jul-18 so that could i correct it. 

Manoj June 19, 2018

Great..:) I did the correction. it is giving me my required form of reporting.

Thanks to you Jack :) i will keep writing here, pls help me further, as i need to be proficient in JIRA.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2018

anytime. please consider accepting the answer (click the check mark) as it help others in the future.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2018

Hi!

I was reading over your replies and wanted to jump in and clarify the eazyBI data refreshing question. 

eazyBI is storing data in a separate database from Jira optimized for reporting (see more here). An import is required to get the data into the eazyBI database; essentially eazyBI is not showing 'live data', but doing reporting on a snapshot of data.

Import frequency can be configured for Jira server eazyBI add-on to be as often as every 10min though (and can be performed manually when necessary). The configuration depends on each server and account separately. In the Analyze tab next to cube name you can see the timestamp of when the last successful import happened.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Manoj July 12, 2018

Hello Lauma,

Thanks for your jumped in, and giving a fair understanding by your answer.

I have updated few issues and which i want to get reflected in my eazyBI dasboard graph, but i have got to know that refresh time is 20mins, as i cannot wait for 20mins to see the updates and wanted to reduce this time say upto 10 mins or may 5 mins, 

i didn't get the path how to do so, Can you suggest on this. 

Thanks, M

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2018

Hi @M!

Data import options can be changed, as well as manual import can be run, from the eazyBI Source Data tab. To access this tab, you need to be at least Data admin (see more about account user roles here). 

When clicking on edit for Jira source application, you can further scroll down to bottom of General settings to set regular import frequency as often as every 10min (due to technical reasons, for now, it is not possible more often than that).

But note that import can have an impact on Jira as eazyBI queries Jira to get changes in issues. So if you only need to this often refresh sometimes - after some bulk change or before an important meeting - may be a manual import is a better choice for these cases.

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events