It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to get stride to support larger code blocks?

Stride doesn't seem to be able to handle code blocks as well as HipChat.

In particular - it seems the length of the block is greatly restricted.

I don't know what the new limitation is - but I can tell it's less than Hipchat, cause I seem to always hit the limit in stride, and I rarely hit it in HipChat.

It's a pain, because you have to create a file and upload it instead of keeping the discussion inline which would be more convenient.

Anyone else hitting this issue?

Stride *is* largely for programmers, right? Give us more room! :)

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 09, 2018

Hi, Paul!

You are definitely not the only one who has raised the concern about this limitation. Please have a look at the following Suggestion that was raised on the public tracker:

I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.

The team also appreciates your feedback on the feature. You can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I've added my vote and comments to the request.

I'd advise anyone else who agrees to do the same.

I would *hope* that addressing this would just be a matter of changing a constant in the code - we just need to get Atlassian to prioritize the work!

Thanks.

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 10, 2018

You are most welcome! Fingers crossed on that one. :)

Hey Ahmad - that suggestion was created about 6 weeks ago, and hasn't even been "reviewed" by your product management folks. Any thoughts on when it will be - is there anything we can do to up the priority of someone even looking at it?

AhmadDanial Atlassian Team Apr 17, 2018

Hi, Paul.

To be honest, I don't have a specific say on that. Nevertheless, I have included a private comment to notify the development team to make them aware of this and hopefully, provide an update soon.

For reference, please refer to our feature request policy and let us know if you have any questions about it - Implementation of New Features Policy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,834 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you