Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete actions and decisions?

winterhalder February 28, 2018

I'm trying to use the actions and decisions feature - and honestly, it seems half-backed.

I added an action to a team-member, and they completed it - but it doesn't appear completed for me?  Seems like I need to complete it too?

But its been several days, and it hasn't disappeared (along with a few other actions that are still there in the highlights section).

Will they stay there forever? Does it only show the most recent? What? 

(This is an ongoing team room - it's been there for years, and will continue to be there - trying to figure out if this will become annoying as we get hundreds of these un-manageable actions and decisions).

Thoughts?

1 answer

1 vote
danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi Paul, sorry that feature is giving you some trouble. From what you've described, your client is incorrectly showing a completed Action as uncompleted. This is a rare issue of your client being out of synch with the status of that Action. To resolve it, you can try closing the room in your client and rejoining it. If that does not fix it, you can try logging out and back in. 

It is also possible that the person who clicked the check box to complete the Action, later unclicked the same Action? You can ask your teammate if that is the case. If that is what happened, then your client is correctly showing the Action as uncompleted.

As far as deleting Actions, yes that is possible. To do it, find the Action in the chat history of the room you added it to, then click the ellipsis (3 dots on far right side of message) on that specific Action, , then choose "Delete message". This will delete the Action. 

Sorry again for the trouble on this one. Hopefully this info helps get it resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events