Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the notification sound in Stride?

Jeff_Douglas February 14, 2018

I have several people that are having issues with not hearing the notification sound that Stride makes when a new message comes in, so they are not seeing messages for a long period of time, which causes delays in getting things resolved sometimes.  So is there any way to customize the notification sound so some people could use a louder or more noticeable sound?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Edit (May 21, 2018): New sounds will be available in your app settings in the next release!

Hey, Jeff. 

Sorry to hear about the annoyance there. Currently, there is no way to change the sound, but we intend to bring multiple sound options your way in the near future!

Jeff_Douglas February 20, 2018

Good to hear that it's a planned feature.  Thanks!

Carla @ Office February 20, 2018

Most of my employees don't even have sound.  When are we going to get all of this fixed?

TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Carla @ Office, hmm that is a different problem entirely that sounds like a bug. Could you please reach out to the Support team so they can help get that sorted for you? 

https://support.atlassian.com/stride/ 

Carla @ Office February 20, 2018

can you call them?  I hate this software and am looking for new

winterhalder February 28, 2018

Some feedback - the current sound should definitely be changed. It's pretty awful - sounds like a computer "beep" from the 80's...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

Personally, i like it.  it is distinctive from all other sounds and I like the lower frequency on my ears. :-)

But, agree being able to select your preferred sound is the way to go and ultimately would expect to see it.

Jason Tomerlin March 3, 2018

Needs customizable sound badly, default or let me point to an mp3 or wav, literally anything else. 

Scott Morgan March 12, 2018

Please make this happen!  The current sound hurts my head.  I have it disabled and will miss things.  We just turned off hipchat so this is a huge deal for me as of today.  I work in audio, so my system sound is usually pretty loud.

Scott Morgan March 12, 2018

Please make it custumizable.  Would love to be able to use my own wav file.

Mark Litherland March 19, 2018

Got to be a way to either change the sound or at least increase the volume without turning up everything else.  That little "pip" sound is so quiet, most of the time I have no idea someone is pinging me.  We use this to communicate both internally and with customers.  It's a little thing, but critical to keeping good communications.  Please make this change!

Eric Vogt April 5, 2018

Please continue to work on this issue. I often miss notifications because of the default sound.

Stephanie McLaughlin April 9, 2018

Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us options for sound! The little "pip" sound (great description Mark L.!) is nearly unrecognizable. My team is now missing messages and that never happened with HipChat. This tool is now slowing us down instead of speeding us up. Wrong Direction!

winterhalder April 9, 2018

Honestly, I don't think we need options (at least not short term) - we just need a better sound. Put an actual sound designer on it. Steal something.

How about grab the old HipChat sound for now!

Stephanie McLaughlin April 9, 2018

^^^^What he said! The old sound would be leaps and bounds better than the "pip."

pixel-paul April 25, 2018

On a Mac I miss it 9/10 as I can't have my speakers turned up to full as all the other notifications on my Mac work clearly. So I have had to set the bouncy icon to forever or else I miss notifications.

On Ubuntu it doesn't even make a sound, so I am now messaging people on another messaging platform to look at the message I sent on this messaging platform.....go figure.

Thanks!

Deleted user May 28, 2018

Any idea where I can download that little "pip" from? It's a great, distinctive sound, in my opinion. Not to say that I do not understand the points being made here. Thanks.

0 votes
Jeff_Douglas May 31, 2018

Thank you for the update with the option to select notifications sounds from a list of options.  This is exactly what was needed and the sounds provided are pretty good.

The only thing that I would like to add is that it would be nice to allow the use of a custom sound... just let me select a sound file (.mp3, .wav, etc) and use that.  That would give maximum flexibility for all users.

0 votes
TheSavage
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2018

Hi, everyone! Wanted to let y'all know that there are several new sounds available to choose from! 

Head to your settings and pick your favorite. For those of you looking for something more noticeable, there are several that are more prominent than the default sound.

Stephanie McLaughlin May 21, 2018

Can you be more specific about how to make that change, Cameron? I've gone to settings in both the desktop app and the site and both still show a checkbox for "play a sound" under notifications. There are no options. And, I closed the app and started it again to see if it would update and offer the option. 

TheSavage
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2018

Well... I can be more specific and say I was wrong! (so embarrassing...)

The new sounds will be coming to you in the next release, which is scheduled for next week. I'm sorry to provide the wrong info, but it's on it's way!

Jeff_Douglas May 22, 2018

This is excellent news!  Thanks Cameron.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events