Install to specific directory (Windows Server 2008)

Guy Dolev December 8, 2017

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to install Stride on my server under Windows Server 2008 (R2), but the .exe doesn't have any options and installs directly into the user AppData folder. The problem is, of course, that this won't allow other users on the server to use Stride, only the user who installed the program. 

Does anyone know how I can manually change this? Perhaps with cmd options? I've tried TARGETDIR and INSTALLDIR options... No luck. 

I would like to try Stride and hope that the program allows for a more simple way to install for all users on a system, like a server. 

Thankfully,

Guy

2 answers

1 vote
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

Hi Guy - so following-up here, internally we are going to work on building a new, more traditional .msi in the next couple weeks. Will get back to you once we have it!

Guy Dolev January 5, 2018

Thanks Lauren, I'm looking forward to this development. 

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Guy!

I'm honestly not sure, but I'm looking into it and will get back to you once I figure it out. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events