Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having an issue for a user Annabel Stewart whereby the desktop app is not working.

Jason Prouty February 26, 2018

I install the app and it asks her to create a team.  It never gets to the login screen like it does for all of my other desktops/laptops i have installed this on.  I have tried uninstalling the app, removing/readding her from the admin console and nothing is working.  Can you please help solve this issue or give suggestions on how to correct.  The web browser app for Stride works fine for her, but i want her to use the desktop app because she can't use our atlassian customer service site at the same time when using the browser stride app.  Thank you in advance for any direction to solve this.  

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Jason,

The problem you are facing is that Windows is using your previous preferences to automatically login you with an account that does not exist. There is a bug reported about this behavior here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-2011

In order to clear the App preferences and allow Stride to ask your credentials again, please perform the steps below:

# In the Stride shortcut created on your desktop, right-click the icon > Properties
# Copy the target address until the "AppData" folder and paste it into the explorer. Click enter to navigate to that directory. P.S: note that I'm referring to the file explorer (Folder icon usually appearing on the taskbar) and not the Internet Explorer browser
# Uninstall Stride
# In the folder opened in step 2, navigate to "Roaming" and delete the entire "Stride" folder
# Download the most up to date version of Stride on https://www.stride.com/downloads and install it again
# Open Stride Desktop Application again and login with the same credentials that you used on the Web app

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events