Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can delete a room in hipchat, but how can I delete that same room from Stride?

Fabio March 8, 2018
How to delete a room in Stride.

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio March 12, 2018

Cleaning up and downsizing. I had too many rooms running and I also removed some users. I also cannot remove confidential posts from users, while in Hipchat I could. 

TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for writing our your use case, @Fabio. In this case, your best option is still to Archive. But I do want you to know that we hear your ask, and it contributes to how we prioritize our roadmap.

Just to make sure the Archived room bit is clear, here is some more detail.

If the room "archive-test" is archived, it will continue to appear in the overall directory:

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.15.33 PM.png

But, will no longer appear in the 'quick search' panel on the left (which is also what is accessed if you use the keyboard shortcut to switch conversations):

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 4.15.12 PM.png

0 votes
TheSavage
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Hi, @Fabio. Currently Stride does not support deleting a room. But, you can Archive a room.

Archiving will make a room inactive (no new messages can be sent), and de-prioritize it from top level search options. An archived room may still be found and read if a user has permission to access it – which is the same permissions structure as with any room – and archived rooms may also be unarchived if you so choose.

May I ask what your particular needs for room deletion are? House keeping? Sensitive data? Something else?

Jesper Kirkebække Jensen April 4, 2018

I am new to Stride and interested in options for deleting data. I wonder if and how Stride enables users to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25 May 2018. Art. 17 regulates erasure. Also, see user requests here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-41

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events