Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubot and Stride

Charlie Kump September 7, 2017

Is there or will there be a Hubot adapter for Stride?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2018

Hi all,

The Hubot-stride adapter is now ready: https://www.npmjs.com/package/hubot-stride

If you'd like to contribute, here's the repository: https://github.com/atlassian/hubot-stride

If you face issues with it, please raise a ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/STRIDE, with the component "Apps / Integrations"

Thanks again for the feedback!

Cheers,
Tanguy

Charlie Kump March 14, 2018

Thanks!

Subas Raj April 11, 2018

Getting this when i try to add the app to a room. Please let me know how to proceed.

We ran into a little troubleIt might just be a hiccup.

Try again in a bit.

TID: 4fb21aae65684f83, Type: LifecycleCallbackServiceError

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi @Subas Raj, can you please send the URL you use to install Hubot to strideapi@atlassian.com?

2 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2017

Hi Charlie, 

We don't have a Hubot adapter yet, but that's something we will be looking into. :)

Thanks for the feedback, it's always good to hear what you are interested in!

Dave McKenzie September 22, 2017

Would it be safe to assume that no forced migrations will take place until this is complete?

If not, we'll migrate to Slack instead.

lauren
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2017

Hi Dave, 

I'm not sure I understand, migrations from Hipchat Cloud?

We will start moving existing Hipchat Cloud customers to Stride as soon as possible, regardless of the Hubot adapter. 

Does that answer your question?

Dave McKenzie September 22, 2017

If features of HipChat are no longer available in Stride, such as the use of Hubot, then a migration to Stride would put my organisation at risk and would hamper productivity.

If we are faced with a forced downgrade to Stride, we would move to Slack instead.

Black Hat September 23, 2017

So just to be clear, you've reduced functionality and will be forcing customers off HipChat?

It's not like Hubot wasn't officially supported. There's even a page in the HipChat docs about using Hubot and other bots! The Hubot adapter is even on HipChat's GitHub organization.

This is a stupid decision, but honestly, I'm not surprised that Atlassian decided to do this. Not listening to customers is the sort of thing you're good at these days.

You should go and read your company values about "not #@!%ing 
the customer".

Mike Kondrashin January 2, 2018

@lauren Hubot integration is essential for our organisation as many vital processes depend on it. If the decision to force move to Stride is made, we are left with no choice but to start looking for alternatives with Hubot support, like Slack. 

Can you confirm when this migration is planned to happen? 

Jonathan Mell January 22, 2018

@Dave McKenzie we are in the same boat. I have an organization of 800 and we heavily use hubot and other chatops to stay on top of things. If STRIDE lacks key features of what makes hipchat great (trust me its not the UI that makes us use Hipchat, so a chat with a revamped UI is really irrelevant) then we would be forced to find a new solution as well. 

Tim Howe June 5, 2018

@lauren:

We will start moving existing Hipchat Cloud customers to Stride as soon as possible, regardless

@jlo:

Hipchat cloud does not currently have an end of life date. We will notify Hipchat users well in advance if this changes.

Who is telling the truth, you or Jenny?

@Jeremy Mooiman:

it is your choice.

Who is telling the truth, you or Jeremy?

Does that answer your question?

I think consumer confidence in Atlassian is going to be pretty settled by this point, yes.

Tim Howe July 26, 2018

This is amazing.

1 vote
Samir June 5, 2018

What is the official stand on this. We use Hubot heavily and cannot move to Stride until it works or we need to look for an alternative. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2018

Hi there, the Hubot adapter has been released back in March - look at the accepted answer up top for details.

cheers,

tanguy

lauren
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2018
Samir June 6, 2018

Maybe it's just us but it was way easier to use in Hipchat and in slack. Anyone else have feedback on the adapter?

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2018
Mike Kondrashin March 20, 2018

@lauren I cannot view the issue

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2018

fixed! the issue's public now

Black Hat March 20, 2018

@Tanguy Crusson No, it's not.

Permission Violation

It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

Anyway, what's the point of an issue now that an adapter has been created?

By the way, it would have been nice to know that an adapter was being developed - you've no doubt lost customers over your lack of communication.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2018

It seems like our spam detector has a problem with this issue and keeps putting it back to restricted. That ticket was open since mid Feb to communicate around this development.

Anyway, as you mentioned the adapter is here, let us know if you have any issue with it!

Black Hat March 21, 2018

It's still not fixed by the way. In fact, STRIDE-1906 is still not visible either, and we pointed out that it wasn't visible over six weeks ago.

That ticket was open since mid Feb to communicate around this development.

So a ticket has been open for a month, and no one bothered to tell us about it? Creating an issue in Jira and not advertising it is pointless, regardless of whether or not a spam filter keeps hiding it.

This question has 890+ views, and there are two other questions (here and here) about Hubot/XMPP integration with Stride, both with similar view counts. Clearly this is something that people want to know about, and have been asking for since September last year.

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2018

Hi All,

I created a ticket for this request, so that it's getting in front of the right people. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-1906

Black Hat February 2, 2018

This issue can't be viewed

The issue you're trying to view can't be displayed.
It may have been deleted or you don't have permission to view it right now.

lauren
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2018

Oh no! I'm not sure what happened, would you mind submitting one?

Daniel Andrzejewski February 13, 2018

Hi @lauren. Any chances this would be submitted in a proper ticket?

I, myself cannot create issues in the STRIDE project and STRIDE-1906 still can't be displayed.

lauren
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2018

I didn't submit it as a issue, only a feature suggestion so that it can be tracked! I can't seem to update that ticket to be viewed by the public. 

Batman February 26, 2018

is there any update here?

Mike Kondrashin February 27, 2018

I've noticed hipchat site now redirects to Stride and there is still no update on hubot support. So our organisation has started looking for alternative to migrate from hipchat within next couple of weeks. Hopefully before hipchat support is discontinued.

We used hipchat for over 4 years now, so it's a big change as you can imagine, but atlassian leaves us with no other choice

Daniel Andrzejewski February 27, 2018

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/stride-atlassians-slack-competitor-opens-its-api-to-all-developers/

So we all can write our own plugins and bots ;)

Our organization has started looking for alternative to migrate from HipChat too. We started with Errbot and Mattermost!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events