How to sign up new users to our team?

Kelsey Cooper April 19, 2018

We have recently implemented Stride and have found it very useful for communicating about short-term projects. When we attempt to add outside users, like other businesses or clients, they are able to join Stride but not necessarily our team. The process to join our team specifically seems to be very confusing, even if they're simply following the link I email them from the Stride "Invite New Users" menu. Is there some way to clarify this process or at least get a unique link for our team so that I can get people added in easily? 

2 answers

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi Kelsey, 

Can you confirm if you want to add to the instance the users you would like to add to the Stride team? Our team is working on a feature called Guest access (https://getsupport.atlassian.com/browse/STRD-3) which will allow customers to send a link to people so they can join rooms, exclusively. Is it what you are looking for at this moment? 

Kelsey Cooper April 23, 2018

I keep getting redirected to the generic help center when I follow that link, but I believe you are describing what I'm trying to work out. I just need the joining process to be simplified so that I can get guests in on a discussion for the short term. For example, we are working on a project with one of our clients for the next few weeks when it would be very helpful to have a dedicated chat room just for that. Outside of that project, our clients likely won't use Stride at all. Getting them signed up to join our team seems to be a complex process for something short term like this...

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Hi Kelsey, 

How are you? :) 

There are a few different ways of adding new users to a Stride team. For more information on how it works, please access the documentation below: 

Let me know if you need further help. Thank you!

Kelsey Cooper April 19, 2018

I've read through this repeatedly. But I am still running into the issue of getting users to join Stride, but not able to join my team. If I had a team link I could send them, that would be helpful. But I can't seem to create one for my team and new users keep getting stuck in some Stride void where they think they're set up, but I can't message them or add them to rooms. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events