• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to prevent Stride users from creating rooms or adding other users

We use Stride internally with our team and externally with our clients.

Some of our clients have both created new rooms and invited new members.

I want these functions to only be available to the administrator (me).

Is this possible using the free/paid versions of Stride?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mippy Atlassian Team Apr 02, 2018

Samuel,

At this time there is no such restriction on who can create rooms and when.  Presently there is an open feature request asking for something similar. I would encourage you to Vote to show your support, Watch to stay informed, and Comment what specifically you'd like to see implemented. This will help our development team understand your desires and help us prioritize this request.

Feature Request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-95

i voted for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-95 but at the moment the status is still "to be reviewed" and now work has been done....i think this is one of the most important things to fix

Yeah, same here. I can't believe this is possible. It defeats the whole purpose of having rooms by departments, and the admin role. To top it all, i can't even see the rooms migrated from HipChat i wasn't member of, even if i was admin.. This is so wrong, because now, mixed with the fact that you cannot remove rooms, i have to create other rooms, with different names to see and admin them.. very frustrating

What's going on, Atlassian ? Hipchat was way better in many respects. The only thing i was complaining about in HipChat was some occasional freezes on macos clients, but from my perspective, up until now, this is a step backward.

I seriously think to migrate on some other solution if things doesn't change fast..

i totally agree with you...i'm waiting a best admin features ...if i'm an admin i want choose who can create rooms or add users...please act urgently tx

@Mippy Any updates on this feature?

Also all Feature Request are still on "to be reviewed"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,422,206 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you